Researching

Ben walks into the library followed by Jane and Dug. I push away the book I was reading and Lonnie smiles "Hi guys." they all sit down and Ben places a large red leather bound volume on the table "This is the only book I could find on summoning circles. But Jane reckons its possible to track the magic used." he opens the book and Dug shifts around in his seat "Are you sure we should be doing this?"

Jane shoots him a glare "Do you want to see Evie again?" he nods "Of course I do." she smiles sweetly "Then keep quite." Ben swivels the book around "Jane do you think you could?"  she reads the page quickly and sighs "I may need some time but I think so." Lonnie grins "You have magic?" she shrugs "Only a little but it should be enough for this." Ben checks his phone "I'm late for a council meeting. If anyone can do some research on Striker?" 

I smile picking up my book "Already started." he nods "I'll see you later. Dug leaves shortly after and Jane instantly turns to Lonnie "Okay now you have to tell me what happened between you and Jay." I look at her confused "What?" she shrugs "We had a mutual dumping." Jane raises an eyebrow "Mutual dumping?" she nods "Yep, we both realized some stuff and figured it would be better to just be friends." 

"But I thought you really liked him?" she shrugs "I think I just convinced myself that I did to fit in. But when Jay come out to me that he liked Gil it sort of dawned on me that I preferred girls." I grin "Good for you. Anyone in particular caught your attention?" she shakes her head looking between Jane and me "Your both okay with it?" I grin "Of course." Jane nods "Absolutely, Lonnie you will always be our friend no matter what." she grins "Thanks." the bell rings and we all scramble out our seats "Come on."

I grab my book before walking hastily to my art class claiming my usual seat at the back. I balance my book open on an easel next to my canvas reading while I paint to learn everything I can. "Miss Loxely, what are you doing?" I turn to my art teacher smiling slightly "Painting." she nods glancing at the book "And reading?" I blush slightly and go to close it but she stops me "Its alright," she turns to my painting smiling before walking away.

I turn back to my painting, it is a ship based of all of Harry's descriptions with small gold lettering on the side reading the Jolly Roger. The sea around it is silver blue with white waves. They remind me of Harry's eyes and Uma's hair and Evie's clothes. I sigh shaking my head slightly clearing it focusing my attention back on the book. 

Striker could transform into a wolf. He had three brothers, two of whom are now dead and one who disappeared without a trace. His parents are also dead. He was known to be a ruthless man who often kidnapped people for the simple pleasure of it occasionally hurting them but more commonly than not just locking them up for a while in the dark for a while. He was also known for stealing and killing farm animals.

Shutting the book I focus back on my painting finishing it of with the VKs symbol on a flag surrounded by tentacles to represent both groups. The bell rings signaling the end of the day, I tidy my things away slowly leaving my painting to dry by the side of the room. Slinging my bag onto my shoulder I grab my book and leave.