𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Once my auntie had texted me that she was outside I got my stuff so I can go

"Where you finna go?" My momma asked me.

"To Tete house, she want me to babysit." I said.

"Well I need you to be back before it get dark cause you got school in the morning." She said.

"Yes ma'am." I assured and she left out.

When went out the house I got in my auntie car and we greeted each other.

"Ight imma make it a long story short." She said pulling out of our driveway.

"Your momma don't like talking about it because she really felt betrayed and it actually hurt her. She doesn't admit that it hurts her but I know it does then again I can't speak for your momma." She shrugged as she turned right.

"Basically it was a bunch of lies going around that they had spread about your mother. You know the usual talking shit then some personal stuff was said and that's what really made her mad. They fought and everything. Then come to find out they didn't like your mother over a dude so it was really just them being bitter." She said.

"The same dude that she killed." I said and she looked at me with a surprised facial expression.

"She told you about that?" She asked.

"Yea but she didn't go into detail." I shrugged.

"Oh, well yea the same dude." She said.

"So why don't you talk to them?" I asked.

"At first I was because I was the youngest and I wanted everyone to get along. This all happened when I was 19. So, one day I was over our oldest sister house and she left me with our half sister and they had a lot of random people over. This dude kept tryna you know, and I told her I felt uncomfortable and she told me I was being dramatic so I cut both of them off cause anything could have happened." I said.

"That's a lot, you think they would want to talk again?" I asked.

"Naylani, don't go trying to mend the bonds that broke. Just leave it alone cause it ain't gone do nothing but cause more drama." She said.

"But- Aht, You acting just like your momma, just let it go. The End." She pulled up at her house.

"Okok I want do anything." I said.

❏❏❏

As I was left babysitting my baby cousins it was actually having fun. She has twins, a boy and a girl. They ain't as bad as she made it seem.

"When you grow up imma teach you how to finesse crayons from these lil boys." I said holding up Braelyn then Xavier FaceTimed me.

"Hello." I answered.

"Wassup." He said.

"Nothing, what you want?" I asked playing with Braelyn while Isaiah slept.

"Who you talking to Naylani?" He put his face in the camera quick as hell.

😩

"What you talking bout'?" I laughed.

"You talking like you don't wanna be bothered or some shit." He said.

"It came out wrong." I laughed.

"What you doing?" He asked.

"I'm Babysitting." I said. "Oh and guess what?" I asked.

"What?"

"I found out some more stuff about why my auntie and my momma not cool." I said.

"I found out what happened to my father." He said.

"Was it what you expected?" I asked.

"Not really, but it do got me thinking." He mumbled.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"I think it's more to the story, more than what Shauni told me." He said.

"You want to find out more?" I asked.

"Yea, I found somebody that was close to him before he died so imma see if I can talk to her." He said.

"That's not a bad idea, I want to get more information from my other aunties but I don't know." I said.

"What you thinkin'?" He asked.

"That I might find out something imma regret knowing, and dig myself in a deeper hole." I said. "What you think I should do?" I said.

"Ion think you should. Especially if that situation between them was years ago and they don't care if the other exist. It's gone cause more problems, you gone get yo' feelings hurt, but I can't tell you what to do." He said.

"My Tete was basically telling me the same thing so I guess that's a sign. I can't help that I'm curious person though." I said putting Braelyn to sleep.

"How yo' day was?" He asked.

This how Mfs catch feelings, cause why am I smiling at my phone.

"Why you move yo' face out the camera?" He smirked.

"Cause..." I said cheesing hard as hell with my camera pointing at the ceiling. "But, my day was good." I answered.

"What you do?" He asked.

"I cleaned up a lot today and I had a doctors Appointment and no I'm babysitting so it's really just been a chill day.

"You ate?" He asked.

"Yea I did." He answered.

He like a charmer, cause ain't no way he this smooth with talking to me. Just a few days ago I wasn't even trying to look this dude way and now I'm smiling at everything he say.

Maybe he does this to every female then ghost them afterwards. I can't be catching feelings this early cause I know with somebody like him imma get my feelings hurt.
____________________________________