𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"This is kidnapping I hope you know that

"This is kidnapping I hope you know that." Naylani mumbled.

"Tuff." I said speeding up.

"Stop driving so fast, you crazy." She and I smirked as I sped up some more.

"If you want me to die just say that." She said putting on her seatbelt and I slowed down.

"Really, you did all that cause I wouldn't put on my seatbelt." She said and I laughed.

"I can do it again if you want me to- no I'm good." She cut me off.

"Let me pick a song on your playlist." She said and I handed her my phone.

God come and take me out this side all wrong
I don't wanna live here no more, I
I don't move around then they gon' kill me in my home
The ones you known to be around not on my side
I don't fuck with niggas, never did, why would I lie
Big dawg who, you got me fucked up, that nigga know he tried
I move by results, not by friends or things that's televised
Up or it's down, handle it like men, nigga I ain't never hiding

I really don't know how I should feel right now. I put two and two together after she said her momma owned the place. I like Naylani a lot, I ain't never talked to a female like I talk to her, but the fact I know her mother killed my father is getting to me.

I know it don't got nothing to do with her and she probably don't even know. What happened was between our parents we don't need to get involved.

Then again her mother took my father away from me. If he was still alive I wouldn't have been adopted and wouldn't have to question my whole life.

I just need to have a talk with her and get some answers. She the only one that was close to him and the one that took his life.

I'm not gone try to act like my father was a saint because he probably had some flaws as well. It's like I'm thinking one thing but my actions is different from my thoughts. I don't know what I should do.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Huh?"

"I said are you okay, you look like you deep in thought and you ran a light." She said.

"My pops was bipolar and schizophrenic, and that can be inherited." I said.

"So you think you can be diagnosed with that?" She asked.

"I already got anger issues, Ion want that shit." I laughed.

"That's not funny." She said.

"Nah but for real I don't want that shit then end up how he ended up." I said.

"What you mean?" She asked.

"Something happened and he stopped taking his medication and nobody helped him so he wasn't really his self the last moments he was alive." I said.

"So you're scared that can happen to you?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Tell me something that scared you." I said.

"When I witnessed my father getting shot multiple times and almost dying." She said. "You probably don't wanna hear about that never mind." She mumbled.

"I do, I'm listening." I said.

"It happened when I was two so I was really young. I just remember us standing by the car and the next thing I know I heard gunshots. He covered me and was shooting back. He was on me when he got shot multiple times so not only was he covered in blood but his blood was on me as well. I didn't know what was going on so I was just scared and my mother was too. She think I don't remember but I do." She said.

After she said that I remembered what Shauni explained to me.

He did a drive by on them and he ended up getting killed by the girl.

"Naylani." I said.

"See I should've stuck with when I said Nevermind- Naylani." I cut her off.

"Huh." She said.

"Your mother is the one that killed my father." I said. I couldn't hold it in anymore. It was too much stuff that was said that made sense.

"What?" She looked at me slowly.

"Before you say something I'm just now figuring it out." I said.

"So your dad is Langston?" She asked.

"Yea." I said.

"They not gone want me talking to you if they find out you're his son." She mumbled.

The car ride back was quiet and she was looking out the window the whole time. She didn't say nothing else until I pulled back up at the building.

"So where does that leave us?" She asked. "Cause what if they make me stop talking to you?"

"Make you stop talking to me when they the ones that killed my father." I said and she looked at me.

"Don't say it like that, they still my parents so chill." She said.

"It's the truth, that's just gone be weird as hell if they make you stop talking to me cause of that." I said.
____________________________________