02 | 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒

CARSON WOKE UP STRAPPED DOWN to a chair in a familiar dark room with padded walls and one singular light hanging in the middle of the ceiling. "Oh you've got to be shitting me." Carson muttered under his breath. He tried as hard as he could to break his arms out of the restraints but they wouldn't budge. Carson looked to his right and saw a table with a metal tray on it, he sat up a little more so that he could get a better view. Once he was sat upright, he noticed all the different sized syringes and scalpels neatly placed on the tray. His eyes widened at the sight and his breathing became rapid as he knew what was about to happen.

The door swung open and two men in lab coats came walking towards him. "No no no, get away from me!" Carson yelled at the two men, but they ignored him and proceeded to make their way over to him. He tried to break free from the restraints once more, but still, they wouldn't budge "I swear, if you lay a hand on me, I'll kill you."  One of the men stood in front of  Carson and laughed at his words. "You know you can't do that Mr. Swan." the man responded while pointing to the cuffs around Carson's hands which blocked his powers.

The man to his right picked up a syringe that had some sort of purple fluid in it and harshly injected it into Carson's arm. As the fluid ran through his body, Carson's veins visibly turned black, causing the two scientists to grow huge grins on their faces and look at each other triumphantly. He tried his best to hide his pain from the two men but once another set of fluids was injected into his other arm, it became unbearable causing him to yell and grip the arms of the chair and thrash around. Every inch of his body felt like it was burning.

After a while the pain slowly began to fade. Carson could barely lift his head up, whatever they had injected him with had drained him of any energy that he had left. "You're.. going to be.. so sorry when I.. get out of here." he muttered managing to form a small laugh. The two men glanced at Carson then gave each other a slightly worried look, before continuing their experiments.

Carson opened his eyes and saw a figure looking over him. Without hesitating, he shot up and grabbed the person by the neck and began to tighten his grip, causing them to desperately pull at his hand for him to leg go, but he didn't budge. He was still dazed so he didn't realise who it was until he heard a familiar voice of Tony call out to him "Hey hey! Carson stop!" He snapped out of it and as soon as he realised that it was in fact Nat that he had grabbed, he instantly let go. Nat put her hands on her neck and gasped for air while Carson looked around to see that he was back on the jet with the rest of the team.

Carson turned his attention back to Nat who seemed to have caught her breath "Jesus, I'm sorry Nat.. I thought you was-" Nat shook her head at him and interrupted "It's fine don't worry, I shouldn't of crowded you. I just wanted to make sure you was okay." He stood up and offered his hand to Nat, who accepted.

Tony walked over to them both and put his hand on Carson's shoulder, giving it a small squeeze "You really scared me back there kid, what happened?"

Carson stayed quiet for a few seconds as he thought back to the events that had occurred. He began to clench his jaw in anger as the memory of the girl warping his mind slowly came back to him. "It was that damn enhanced girl, she messed with my mind." Carson said letting out an annoyed huff.

"The Maximoff twins." Steve said while walking over to the trio, with a file in his hand. They all looked at him confused

"What?" Carson replied, while taking a seat next to Nat.

"We managed to find some information on the two enhanced." Steve continued. Carson reached out his hand for the file and Steve passed it over.