13 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓 [𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞]

EVERYONE WATCHED as the quintet took off into the air, now being too far gone for anyone to be able to catch up. Carson sighed and glanced over at Tony who was watching the jet with narrowed eyes, Rhodey still with his arms slung over his shoulder for support.

He turned his attention back to Wanda and helped her up carefully, ignoring the multiple sets of eyes that were on him coming from both teams. Wanda smiled gratefully at him and he too returned the smile, although it faded when he noticed some blood dripping down the side of her face.

"What's wrong?" Wanda noticed the change in his expression and reached up, gently tapping around her face until she located what it was that caught his attention. She brought her hand back down, eyes widening at the blood that was on her fingertips.

Carson tucked her hair that was covering the wound behind her ear and gripped her face with his hand, carefully moving her head to the side so he could get a better look.

"Who did this?" He asked, his tone become a lot more serious.

Wanda gulped when she noticed the change in his demeanour, practically feeling the rage radiating from him once again. It was like a switch flipped in his brain.

"Is this from earlier? From Rhodes?" He turned to start waking over to where Rhodey was stood but Wanda grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"I tripped." She lied, inhaling sharply when he looked down at her.

"Hm." Carson hummed in response and looked around at everyone to see if he could catch any of them giving him a guilty look.

He turned back to Wanda and when he noticed the concern on her face, he took a deep breath and instantly tried to calm down. He didn't want to scare her.

"It doesn't matter how it happened alright?, I'm fine." Wanda assured, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug. "I promise."

Tony waved Vision over to help with Rhodes and then stormed over to Carson once Vision took over.

Carson noticed Tony approaching them from over Wanda's shoulder and pulled back from the hug, preparing himself for the interaction. Wanda moved closer and slid her hand down his arm, interlocking her fingers with his once she reached his hand to comfort him.

"You!" Tony pointed at him. "What the hell was that, huh?"

"Tony—"

"No, don't Tony me!" He yelled. "What on earth we're you thinking back there?!"

Carson scrunched his face at Tony interrupting him. How was he supposed to explain himself if he didn't even let him speak? Fucking hell. "He hurt W—"

"You know what, I don't care! You could've— hell you almost KILLED him Carson!" Tony waved his arms around as he ranted. "I've lost Rogers and Barnes and to top it off I've got you going psycho on Rhodes... Jesus... how am I gonna explain this to Ross."

Carson took a deep breath before replying. "Well, is he alright?" He asked.

But not because he cared, it was purely out of obligation.

If he was being completely honest he couldn't care less what happened to Rhodey at this moment in time.

Tony paused and looked at Carson, letting out a scoff. "Is he— What do you think?!"

Carson glanced over Tony's shoulder at Rhodey who was now being set down on some boxes by Vision and Peter, Rhodey's face scrunching up as he winced from the movement.

"Look, I'm s—"

"Carson..." Wanda interrupted.

He looked at Wanda, noticing she was looking to her right at something. Carson and Tony both looked to see what caught Wanda's attention, only to be met with multiple government cars, vans and a few ambulances pulling up in the airport.