05 | 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊

CARSON TILTED his head in confusion as he watched Rick Mason emerge from a rather worn looking helicopter, sharing a look with Natasha who also looked puzzled.

"Y'know, I could've sworn she said a jet." Carson said.

"Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time." Rick sighed. "Or money. I'm not made of jets."

"I thought you were supposed to be the best, like a real pro." Yelena quipped.

"Oh, I beg your pardon, tsarina." Rick shot back. "Was the free flat and lifetime supply of kissel not to your liking?"

"Ha." The blonde rolled her eyes.

"Don't let them wind you up." Natasha said as she walked closer to the helicopter, inspecting it.

"No, I take exception to impugning my professionalism." Rick defended.

Natasha chuckled. "Well, you did set me up with a generator that crapped out after six hours."

"You too, huh? Tag team."

Carson patted Rick on the shoulder as he walked to the front of the helicopter. "Aw, he's sensitive."

"I see why you keep him around." Yelena added as she followed behind Carson.

Carson stood at the front of the helicopter and gave the glass a few taps to check if it was actually strong. Yelena joined his side and walked up to the glass, exhaling as she moved her face closer which made it go foggy.

 Yelena joined his side and walked up to the glass, exhaling as she moved her face closer which made it go foggy

He chuckled at her actions and drew a small smiley face in the patch of fogginess that Yelena had created. She pursed her lips in thought before blowing out another breath of air, so she had more room to work with, and drew her own next to his.

"Yep, this tin can looks better already." He sighed contently.

"Mines the best." She decided as she looked between the two faces that were on the window.

"How so?" Carson furrowed his brows.

"On yours, the right eye is bigger than the other." Yelena chuckled.

"No it's n—" He cocked his head to the side and squinted. "Oh. Yeah I see what you mean."

"It's okay." She shrugged. "I guess not everyone is built for the artist lifestyle." Yelena smirked and walked back to the side of the helicopter where Rick had thrown down at duffle bag and Carson joined her after taking one last look at the two faces on the front of the helicopter.