05 | 𝐖𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒

FIVE YEARS LATER

NATASHA ROMANOFF was stood at the counter, cutting up her peanut butter and jelly sandwich as she listened to everyone give their input on the video call they were on. She let out a small sigh and made her way back over to her desk, placing the plate down in front of her.

"Yeah, we boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged." Rocket said sarcastically.

"It was an infectious garbage scow." Nebula added.

"So thanks for the hot tip." The raccoon quipped.

Carol's hologram shrugged. "Well, you were closer."

"Yeah, and now we smell like garbage."

"Did you get a reading on those tremors?" Natasha asked Okoye, not caring to listen to the others bickering any longer.

"It was a mild subduction under the African plate." Okoye informed her.

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" Natasha questioned.

"Nat." Okoye sighed. "It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it, by not handling it."

Natasha nodded slowly, realising her pushing for more answers on the subject was pointless. She turned her attention back towards Carol. "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

Carol shook her head. "Not likely."

"What? You gonna get another haircut?" Rocket taunted.

"Listen, fur face." Carol rolled her eyes. "I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets."

"Alright, alright." Rocket gave a defeated nod. "That's a good point."

Carol looked back towards Natasha. "So you might not see me for a long time."

"Alright, uh, well..." Natasha ran a hand through her hair as she thought. "This channel's always active. So, if anything goes sideways... anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't, it comes through me."

Everyone on the call nodded simultaneously and agreed. They all gave each other a look before each leaving the call, their holograms disappearing.

Natasha sat down on her chair and placed her hands on the desk, looking down at her fingers as she fiddled with them. After a few more seconds of seeing one hologram still standing in the room, she looked up, seeing Rhodey still on the call.

"Where are you?" She asked the man.

"Mexico." Rhodey told her. "The Federales found a room full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys... never even had a chance to get their guns out."

Natasha nodded and put her feet up on the desk, pushing away the thoughts of who was behind the killings. "It's probably a rival gang." She brushed it off.

"Except it isn't." Rhodey disagreed. "It's definitely Swan."

Natasha looked away from Rhodey and shook her head. "No, no, it must be some sort of mistake or maybe it's—"