01 | 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔

TWO YEARS LATER,
EDINBURGH

CARSON wiped a hand over his face as he looked up at himself in the mirror, his hands tightly gripping the sides of the sink while he tried to block out the booming music coming from outside the mens bathroom.

"Uh, you alright there?" A random man washing his hands in the sink next to him asked, looking at Carson through the mirror. "Your eyes..."

Carson glanced at his reflection once more, blinking a few times to clear the faint red glow. "Allergies."

Lie.

"For a second it looked like— actually, never mind I've probably just had too much to drink." The man shrugged. "But are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"I'm fine."

Another lie.

"Headache." Carson told the man. "Everything is just so loud." He said the last part quiet enough so the man couldn't hear.

"Oh, I've had my fair share of those, believe me. I guess it doesn't help that the DJ is playing crap music, huh? I mean if you've got a headache you at least wanna be able to enjoy it am I right?"

The man chuckled to himself but slowly stopped when he noticed Carson still stood there with a straight face.

He was probably coming across as rude, he knew that. It's not like he wanted to be. This random guy seemed nice enough, if it was any other normal day then Carson probably would've laughed along and actually engaged in the conversation.

But he had other things on his mind.

Things that he couldn't quite figure out yet.

"Um, well anyway... I'm gonna get back out there so.." The man started to walk towards the door. "I hope your headache clears up."

Carson watched as the man left the bathroom then turned back to his reflection with a sigh.

"I hope it does too." He mumbled under his breath.

After a few more moments, once the pains in his head had calmed down, he leant up from his spot at the sink and left the bathroom, making sure to change his demeanour as soon as he stepped out of the door.

Once he stepped back into the room, he took a breath as he looked at his surroundings. Taking in the music, the flashing lights, the huge crowds of people laughing and dancing. His eyes came to a stop when he saw Wanda sat at the bar taking a sip of her drink, he smiled to himself and started to walk forwards.

As the people in the crowd moved around, the view of the bar became a lot clearer and allowed him to see that his girlfriend was in fact not alone.

Oh this would be interesting.

He furrowed his brows at the sight of a blonde haired man sat on the stool next to Wanda, telling her something that apparently must've been the funniest thing in the world considering how hard she was laughing.

A waiter walking past with a tray of shots caught Carson's attention and he grabbed the man's arm, stopping him from waking past.