02 | 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

IT WAS THE NEXT MORNING, everyone was up and walking around the compound doing their morning routines. Everyone except from Carson and Wanda, who were both too still asleep in Wanda's room.

Carson was laid on his back, his left arm resting underneath his head while his right arm was snaked around Wanda's waist. Wanda was laying on her front, half of her body on Carson's chest while the other half rested on the bed. Her head resting on his shoulder and in crook of his neck. Their legs intertwined. She had her hand placed across his stomach keeping him close, not that the two could possibly get any closer.

Wanda was usually one of the ones that got up relatively early, but today was different. For the first time since Sokovia she managed to get a healthy amount of sleep, in fact she didn't even wake up once during the night.

The early morning rays of sunshine began to peak through the slight gap in Wanda's curtains, the small slit hitting the top of Caron's eyes causing him to stir awake. His face scrunched slightly as he took a deep inhaled while he came around.

He moved his hand from behind his head and rubbed at his eyes before opening them and blinking so things came into focus. As he looked down at Wanda, he furrowed his brows, forgetting about the night before for a few moments. He tilted his head slightly, chuckling to himself at Wanda's messy bed hair that was in her face. Carson carefully moved his hand down to her face and gently tucked her hair behind her ear making sure to move as slow and as calmly as possible so he didn't wake her up. He couldn't help but notice how relaxed she seemed, how her breathing was now completely at ease, how she had a small smile on her face while in her deep sleep.

He slowly began shuffling away from Wanda, making his way off the bed and slipping his hand from her waist. As Wanda's hand fell down onto the bed, harder than he expected, she subconsciously clutched onto Carson's half of the blanket in her sleep, not realising he'd left. A smile began forming on his face as he looked down at the girl. Once he became aware of the smile that was growing, he soon snapped himself back into reality, rubbing his hand over his face to make the smile fade away.

Once he'd made sure she was still asleep, he crept over to her door and carefully opened it before slipping out and closing it behind him.

"I have to say, I wasn't expecting that."

Carson jumped slightly as he turned around to see Tony leant against the wall, his eyebrows raised and wide grin on his face. He opened his mouth to say something again, probably a comment to try and embarrass Carson. So before he could speak, Carson just raised his hand at the man, silently interrupting him.

"Not what it looks like, leave me alone." Carson rolled his eyes and made him way into the kitchen. Tony following behind, suppressing a laugh.

The two walked into the kitchen where the rest of the team was. Natasha was perched on a stool at the island counter spreading some butter on her toast whilst talking to Steve who stood on the opposite side. Sam and Rhodey were chatting among themselves both sat on one of the sofas, the TV playing in the background.

Upon their arrival, the team looked up at the father-son duo giving them 'good morning' smiles before carrying on with what they were doing. Natasha glanced towards Carson and pulled out the stool next to her before turning her attention back to her breakfast.

He made his way over to the redhead and sat down next to her, grabbing the toast from her hand before it could reach her mouth. He smirked before taking a bite of the toast, practically feeling her eyes burning into the side of his face.

"That was mine."

Carson turned to face her, and shrugged "You stole my apple at Clint's, so I'm just getting even."