03 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖

[ bit of a chunky one because I didn't want to split this into two different chapters so i'm sorry it's long]

WANDA woke up to the sounds of thudding coming from outside and she quickly sat up in the bed, the bedside lamp turning on as she looked around. She glanced down at Carson to see if he'd heard it too but he was still fast asleep, his arm laying across Wanda over the covers.

Just as she was about to brush it off and go back to sleep the thudding sound was heard again. With a quiet gasp, Wanda looked out the window and the light turned on again for a second before switching off once more when Wanda looked away.

Carson groaned and started to stir awake. He opened his eyes and they travelled up to Wanda.

"Wands?" He rasped.

"Yes, dorogoy?" Wanda whispered.

"Are you switching the light on and off?" Carson asked.

"Yes dorogoy."

He sat up and turned his body so he was facing her. "What is it? Is everything okay?"

Wanda nodded. "Everything's fine it's just—"

Another noise came from outside, this one being louder than before. Carson looked back at Wanda who was gesturing towards the window. He let out a small sigh and got out of bed, walking over to the window to see what it was.

"What do you see?" Wanda sat up straighter as she tried to peek over his shoulder from her spot on the bed.

"Grass. I can see grass Wanda."

"That's all?" Wanda double checked. "Try and use your hearing to see if there's anything else."

He turned around and ran a hand through his hair. "Wands it's the middle of the night. I promise you there's nothing to be scared of, so can we please just go back to—"

Carson was cut off by yet another sound coming from outside, this time making him jump. He rolled his eyes when he heard Wanda chuckle and climbed back into bed.

"No, no, go on, you were saying?" Wanda raised a brow at him.

"Oh leave me alone, it was loud okay?" Carson defended with a small smile. "Actually now that I think about it, a few of the guys at work were talking about some suspicious people coming into the neighbourhood. So, who knows what they could be up to?"

"Glowing eyes, super healing, moving objects without touching them." Wanda remarked.

Carson furrowed his brows. "You think they were talking about us?"

Another thud came from outside and the two of them both jumped, each accidentally activating their powers. Two small bursts of energy flew throughout the room and caused the pictures on the wall to fall off.

Carson scratched the back of his head. "One of us should probably go find out what that is."

"Yes." Wanda slapped his shoulder. "One of us should."

Once Carson caught on to what Wanda meant, he pointed to himself mouthing a Me? and Wanda nodded. He glanced over at the clock and huffed before lying back down.

"I'll check in the morning Wands." Carson assured her. "I promise you it's nothing. If someone was there, my hearing would've picked it up."

"My hero." Wanda said sarcastically.

An idea suddenly popped into her head and she smirked to herself. She scooted over to Carson's side of the bed and placed her hand on his chest as she lay on her side next to him, propping her head up on her hand while she looked down at him with a mischievous grin.

𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄. ¹ | wanda maximoffOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara