09 | 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆

CARSON PULLED UP AT THE FRONT OF THE COMPOUND AND GOT OUT OF THE CAR, checking his phone to see the time before he leant into the car and began grabbing his things. It was pretty late so he was sure that everyone in the compound would already be asleep. Well, there was actually only Wanda and Vision staying at the compound at the moment considering the rest of the team are either busy becoming criminals, or off trying to catch their newly criminalized team members.

Yeah... what the fuck.

He closed the car door and made his way over to the boot, grabbing some blueprints for Peter's new suit that he and Tony were going to get started on pretty soon. Just as he raised his hand to close the boot, his phone started to ring. He sighed and reached into his pocket, picking up his phone and answering the call.

"What?" He said.

"Jeez, someone's cranky." Tony chuckled. "Not managed to get your beauty sleep?"

"No actually, I haven't. Thanks to someone." Carson huffed.

"Relax, relax, I'll let you go in a second I just needed to check up on a few things." Tony explained. "First things first, how's your little witch? Still tucked away in the compound?"

"She's pissed." He began, closing the boot and grabbing the rest of his things. "The last time I spoke to her was this morning over the phone, she was talking about how she tried to go over to the store to get some things for cooking and Vision wouldn't let her leave. So to answer your question, yes she's still at the compound. But she is not happy about it."

"Eh, she'll be fine, especially now that you're back too." Tony replied. "Just keep her distracted for the time being, while things settle down and make sure she doesn't leave."

"It feels like I'm sneaking around behind her back Tony. Like I'm keeping a secret from her or something."

"You're not exactly keeping a secret from her, you're just..."

Carson scoffed and took his keys from his pocket as he started walking towards the front door. "I'm just keeping her locked up in the compound, without her knowing, that I'm keeping her locked up."

"Alright." Tony groaned dramatically. "Fine, I see where you're coming from. A little."

"A little? Wow."

Just as Carson put the keys in the door, something in the corner of his eye grabbed his attention. He turned his head to the side, noticing a white van peeking out from behind one of the walls at the side of the compound. He furrowed his brows the more he looked at it, noticing how some of the paint had been scratched off, it wasn't exactly completely run down but it wasn't in the best condition.

It couldn't be Wanda's considering A. she's the worst driver on the planet and B. she didn't have a car. Vision just flew everywhere, so he didn't need one. Carson's car was literally right in front of him and Tony... well he wouldn't be caught dead in a car like that.

Someone else was here.

"Are you still there?" Tony asked. "Hello?"

Carson looked up and scanned his eyes over the building, listening carefully to pick up any voices or movement that he didn't recognize. It was pretty quiet until...