10 | 𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐀 [𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨]

AFTER ESCORTING A GROUP OF CIVILIANS TO SAFETY, Carson made his way over to Steve and spotted the familiar red-head that he hadn't seen throughout the whole battle.

"Romanoff, I was beginning to think you died on me." He said grinning at Natasha.

She turned around and gave him a warm smile before pulling him into a hug. "And leave you with these idiots? Never." They both let out a small laugh before pulling away and turning to Steve who began to speak into the comm.

"What do you got Stark?"

"Huh? Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear." Tony mumbled, clearly disappointed with his idea.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve huffed.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha began. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock-"

"Not until everyone is safe." Steve interrupted.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I didn't say we should leave." Natasha contested. "There's worse ways to go."

Natasha looked between her fellow teammates in front of her then turned to look over the edge of the city, taking in the sights from how high up they all were.

"Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

Carson smiled to himself and took a deep breath, coming to terms with the fact that this could possibly not end in the way all the other battles did. Yes, they could help the civilians and they might be safe, but he couldn't say the same for him and the rest of the team.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."

Carson furrowed his brows in confusion and exchanged a glance with Natasha and Steve. "Was that-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Fury and his team of shield agents appeared on a helicarrier from what appeared to be, quite literally nowhere. This was their chance to get the civilians safely out of the city.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said with a huge smile on his face.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Carson smirked at Fury's reply and the three of them watched as lifeboats left the helicarrier and made their way over to the city. Pietro appeared at the side of them and looked ahead in awe of what was happening.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" The Sokovian asked.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D is supposed to be." Steve replied.

"This is not so bad." Pietro grinned.

"Let's load 'em up."

The two teenage boys gave each other a quick nod and then joined Natasha and Steve in helping the people. They all ushered the civilians onto the lifeboats, filling them up as quickly as possible before the next wave of robots arrived. Clint and Wanda soon joined them and helped out too as more boats arrived at the edge of the flying city.