01 | 𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐒

7 months later.

Lagos, Nigeria.

CARSON AND WANDA WERE SAT ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER, the pair of them blending in with the rest of the civilians as they sat outside the small café. Instead of being in their usual mission suits, they were in casual clothing so they wouldn't attract any unwanted attention, along with Carson wearing a pair of Tony's sunglasses and Wanda wearing one of Carson's caps in order to cover their faces a little more.

Carson was leant back in his chair as he pretended to read the newspaper that he 'borrowed' from one of the shops they passed on the way while Wanda stirred some sugar into her tea, tracing random shapes over Carson's knuckles with the other hand.

He smiled when he felt Wanda slip her hand into his and looked up from his newspaper at the girl who was now taking a raising the cup to her mouth, smirking when he saw the face she pulled once she'd taken a sip of her drink.

"Oh my god—" Her face contorted one more. "Why does it taste like that?"

"I did tell you not to add too much sugar, Wands." He chuckled.

"Shut up." Wanda put down the cup, her face still scrunched from not liking the taste. She glanced over at Carson's drink then back at him.

"You want some of mine now, don't you?" Carson raised a brow at Wanda who was now smiling innocently at him.

He chuckled and shook his head, sliding his drink across the table over to Wanda. She giggled and leant forward, placing a quick peck on his lips before sitting back in her chair and taking a sip of Carson's.. well now her drink.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Alright Wanda, what do you see?" Steve spoke up through the comms,"Carson, no helping."

Wanda looked back at Carson and he gave her a reassuring nod to let her know that she could do it. She was relatively new to going on missions and had only been on a few, so she still got pretty nervous from time to time. Especially when Steve decided to surprise her with his 'Extremely mission important trivia'.

"Standard beat cops." Wanda subtly looked around, taking in her surroundings. "Small station, quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?"

"Cameras." Wanda replied.

"Both cross streets are one-way?"

"So, compromised escape routes." She added.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. Steve informed them. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one?" Wanda ran her finger around the rim of her cup. "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha's voice entered the comms, Carson glanced over at the redhead who was sat a few tables down from them. "Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda remarked, sending a cheeky smile over to Carson who had to clear his throat to supress a laugh.