06 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍

ALEXEI STOOD UP from his spot on the bench and stood in between the two front seats, looking between his daughters with a smile on his face.

"I'm so proud of you girls." Alexei told them, only to be met with silence. He turned around and looked at Carson, giving him a confused look.

Carson rolled his eyes. "They can't hear you. They've got their headsets on."

"What? OH, YOU CAN'T HERE ME HUH? Okay." He raised his voice as if that would help, dismissing the fact that Natasha and Yelena wasn't taking him on.

Carson handed the man a spare headset before grabbing some for himself and putting them on.

Alexei chuckled to himself as he fixed the headsets position. "Wow, I—"

He was cut off by Yelena throwing her arm backwards and colliding her first with his face, making Alexei stumble. The man groaned and gripped his nose in pain as he mumbled something under his breath. Carson and Natasha both watched the interaction with small smirks on their faces, none of them showing any disagreement with that Yelena did.

"Okay." Alexei huffed and wiped his nose. "Why the aggression, huh? Is it your time of the month?"

"Oh you've gotta be shitting me." Carson shook his head, shooting daggers at the man.

"I don't get my period, dipshit." Yelena retorted. "I don't have a uterus."

"Or ovaries." Natasha added.

Alexei looked between the two not quite sure on what to say, he looked back at Carson as if for backup but Carson just raised a brow at the man.

"I'm not quite sure why you're looking at me, mate." Carson shrugged. "I'm not gonna help you."

"Yeah, that's what happens when the Red Room gives you an involuntary hysterectomy." Yelena looked at Alexei. "They kind of just go in, and they rip out all of your reproductive organs. They just get right in there and they chop them all away. Everything out, so you—"

"Okay, okay!" Alexei raised up his hands in surrender for Yelena to stop talking but she carried on.

"So you can't have babies, or start a family, or—"

"OKAY!" He sat down on one of the benches in the back of the chopper. "You don't have to get so clinical and nasty!"

"Oh, well, I was about to talk about fallopian tubes, but okay." Yelena commented nonchalantly.

"No." Alexei inhaled sharply. "It... it means so much to me that you came back for me."

Natasha's face scrunched up at the mans words and she shook her head. "No. No. You're gonna tell us how to get to the Red Room."

"Huh. Whoa, look at you, huh? All business." Alexei remarked, almost sounding offended that Natasha didn't care to talk to him normally.

"Trust me, this isn't pleasure."

"Little Natasha, all indoctrinated into the Western agenda." Alexie replied in a patronising tone.

"I chose to go west to become an Avenger." She glared at Alexei through the reflection of the glass, her facial features softening when her gaze landed on Carson. "Because they treated me like family."