12 | 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐘

19 Days later.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍, revealing a different figure to what he was used to. He lazily lifted his head and watched as the person walked over to Carson and began undoing the chains that were wrapped around his hands.

"They sent in a new guard huh, was the other one too scared to come back after last time?" He chuckled lightly.

The person didn't respond, they just continued to remove the chains from his hands and made sure that the power suppressing cuffs on were secure on each of Carson's wrists.

Carson jumped slightly when the person grabbed his right wrist. It felt cold, like metal. He looked down, seeing that the man who had come in had a metal arm. He looked at the man, tilting his head as he studied his features. Brown long hair, blue eyes, a black mask that covered the bottom half of his face.

"Wait.. I know you." He furrowed his brows. "You're Steve's friend."

The man ignored him and grabbed his arm, aggressively pulling him up off the ground.

"Yeah, you're the Winter Soldier right?" Carson addressed the man but still received no response. "Your name is.. shit... what is it?"

The man gave him arm a harsh tug signalling for Carson to speed up as they walked down the hall.

"Bucky! You're name is Bucky isn't it?"

Bucky stopped in his tracks and looked at Carson, still not saying anything. His grip on his arm loosened but he still kept hold of him. Even though he had his mask on, Carson could still see how his facial expressions relaxed ever so slightly. The man in front of him was clearly now deep in thought at the mention of the name.

"The mission you had on the bridge," Carson spoke up. "The man you fought, his name is Steve Rogers. He was your-"

"Soldier." Nikolai cleared his throat as he opened the door at the end of the corridor, snapping Bucky out of his thoughts. "We don't have all day."

"I know you're not really much of a people person but normally when two people are having a conversation-"

Carson's sarcastic remark towards Nikolai was interrupted by Bucky punching him in the gut, making him shut up and let out a groan.

Nikolai chuckled and nodded in approval at Bucky's actions. "Мой сын, you should know by now that I don't tolerate your petty backchat."

"Then why don't you do something about it yourself instead of getting people to do it for you." Carson challenged. "What? Are you scared?"

Nikolai rolled his eyes and made his way over to Carson, taking a stand in front of him.

"Scared?" He mocked as he looked down at Carson's hands that were in the cuffs. "Of what?"

"Take the cuffs off, I'd love to see if you have the same confidence as you do now." Carson said through gritted teeth. "You're making all these threats now when I'm all dosed and cuffed up. I bet it's easier to act tough in front of defenceless people right?"

Nikolai was visibly becoming angrier by the second the more Carson spoke.

"I know your game." Carson continued. "You have to prey on the weak in order to feel the power that you crave so desperately. But at the end of the day, we both know you're just a terrified, pathetic—"

Nikolai punched Carson across the face, his breathing was becoming erratic with rage. Carson let out an airy chuckle and lifted up his head. He looked at Nikolai and smirked at his frustrated state, which only made Nikolai angrier.