13 | 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔

[ i'm changing the timings a bit so it'll fit with the story i have planned ]

———

SWORD Headquarters | 2023
47 days since Carson Swan snapped.

WANDA MAXIMOFF barged through the front doors of the facility, not bothering to stop for anyone that was in her way. She looked up at the multiple large screens displaying all the different news feeds and her chest tightened as she read the headlines.

Celebration for the returned.

Families reunited.

Memorial held for fallen Avenger Carson Swan.

She bit the inside of her cheek and looked away from the screens as she approached the front desk. Once the man behind the desk realized who was in front of him, his eyes widened ever so slightly and he sat up straight, clearing his throat before he spoke.

"I.. uh, can I help you ma'am?" He asked.

Wanda took a deep breath and placed her hands on the desk top, leaning on them. "Where is he?"

"Sorry what?"

"Carson, where is he?" Wanda asked again.

The man subtly glanced over at a pair of double doors to his left and looked back at Wanda. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the bullshit. He's been gone for a week and although I may only know about this place because Tony and Na— Forget it, it doesn't matter." Wanda's eyes narrowed slightly. "I know you have him. So just... just tell me where he is."

"Like I said earlier, I don't know what—"

"Please." Wanda said quietly, the desperation evident in her tone. "When I came back home... he was gone. His— his body. And I know he's here. Carson shouldn't be in a place like this, I told Stark that already. He deserves to be around the people he loves. I deserve it."

The phone on the desk started to ring and the man picked it up with a sigh.

"Yes, sir." He nodded and looked up at Wanda. "Yeah, uh... she's still here."

Wanda's gaze moved up to the security camera that was pointing straight at her. Her head cocked to the side as she glared right into the lens. She knew they were watching her.

The man put down the phone and pointed over to the set of doors to his left. "Through the doors. Down the hall. Two lefts and a right."

Wanda started to walk over to where the man directed her, not giving him a chance to say anything else. As Wanda started to walk away, the man stood up to try and grab her attention but she didn't spare him a second glance.

"One moment." He called out. "I have to buzz you in."

Wanda rolled her eyes. "I got it, thanks."

With that, Wanda aimed her hands towards the door and opened it with her powers. She made her way down the corridor, following the directions she was given. As she made her way through the halls, she could feel everyone's eyes on her, feel the judgement coming from them. But she didn't care. All she wanted was Carson.

She came to a stop once she reached her destination and she looked at the small sign outside the door.

Level 1, 101. Director.