07 | 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐒𝐇

"A PINCH OF PAPRIKA..." Carson mumbled to himself while reading from the recipe that he was holding in his hand. He placed it down on the workbench and looked around at all the ingredients he had laid out. "Paprika... where the hell is it?"

"Is that Paprikash?"

Wanda walked into the kitchen, her hands in the pockets of her cardigan, giving Carson a confused look. He looked up at her and scratched the back of his neck then glanced down at his attempt at Wanda's favourite food in the pot.

Carson scrunched his face and tilted his head the more he looked at the food in the pot. "Well, it's supposed to be."

Wanda hummed and walked over to the counter next to Carson and picked up the spoon that was in the pot, taking some of the food onto the spoon and tasting it.

"I remember you telling me that this is your favourite dish from back home so I thought I'd attempt to make it.. to try and lift your spirits." He explained while keeping his eyes on her face to see her reaction.

Wanda raised a brow at the taste and placed the spoon back in the pot, stirring it around. "Spirits lifted." She smirked.

Carson chuckled and shook his head. "Hey in my defence, I'm not the best cook. But it's the thought that counts right?"

Wanda bit down on her bottom lip in thought and looked down at everything spread out on the counter. "May I?"

"Be my guest." Carson moved to the side and let Wanda get to work.

He walked around to the other side of the counter and sat down on one of the stools, watching as Wanda looked down at the recipe and picked up a spice bottle, raising it up to her nose and sniffing it.

There was still tension remaining between the both of them from the argument, considering it was still fresh. And they could sense it. So many things had been left unsaid.

Carson pursed his lips together, thinking of something to say to break the silence. He and Wanda had never been like this before.

"W—"

"Try this." Wanda interrupted, passing over the spoon without even sparing him a look.

"Alright then..." He mumbled as he took the spoon from her hand, taste testing the food. There was no doubt that it automatically tasted better once she took over. But as he said before, it's the thought that counts. He nodded and passed the spoon back over. "It's good. Better than mine, of course."

She grabbed a few different ingredients and began mixing them into the pot. Carson cleared his throat and attempted to speak again.

"Wanda." He spoke.

"Hmm." She replied, still not looking up at him.

"No one dislikes you, Wanda."

This seemed to grab her attention as she looked up at him curiously, a confused smile growing on her face as her eyebrows scrunched.

"Thanks..." She said while screwing the lid back on one of the bottles.

"No, no, I just mean that-- Oh hell. What I'm trying to say is that. People can't help but be afraid of you?" He gripped the bridge of his nose, started to get annoyed with himself on how stupid he probably sounded right now.

"Are you, afraid of me?" Wanda searched his eyes, waiting for him to answer.

"No." He replied. "But when you do that head tilt thing... that's fucking terrifying y'know."

Wanda giggled and began stirring the spoon around in the pot again, keeping her eyes on her boyfriend in front of her. "Head tilt?"

"Yup." He said popping the P. "When you're mad you tilt your head to the side and it's scary as shit, it's also very hot don't get me wrong but when you're on the receiving end of it however..."

The duo both fell into a soft fit of laughter and for a moment, things started to feel normal again. Like everything that had happened in the past few days had just been forgotten.

Wanda moved the pan from off the heat and leant against the counter. "I used to think of myself one way, but after this..." She raised her hand and formed her red wisps around her hand, watching as they swirled around her fingers. "I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but... that's not what everyone else sees."

Wanda frowned once she finished her sentence, self-doubt plastered all over her face. She let out a sigh and lowered her hand, her energy disappearing.

Carson walked around to Wanda's side of the counter as she jumped up and perched herself on it. He walked closer until he was stood in front of her and picked up her hand, placing a gentle but lasting kiss on her palm. She smiled at him adoringly as she watched his action, a sigh of content leaving her lips.

"You know," He looked up at her, allowing his eyes to glow their signature flaming red. "I don't know what this is. Not really. I don't know how I gained these powers, these gifts, but I know they're not of this world. And that in my time with Hydra as a child, the mind stone in Vision's head... it showed me something, as it did with you. We're connected to it somehow but it's true nature is still a mystery to me. All of this is. But it's still a part of me."

"Are you afraid of it?" Wanda asked, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

"I just wish to understand it." He admitted. "The more I do, the less it controls me. I mean hey, maybe even one day... I may be able to control it and know the true extent of my powers, figure out the true meaning behind what the mind stone showed me when ai touched it."

Wanda nodded and listened intently to what he say saying. He was interrupted by the sound of his phone going off, he picked it up and glanced down at the screen before putting it back on the counter, only briefly reading the text that he got.

Once Wanda noticed Tony's contact name pop up on the screen, she frowned once more and tugged Carson closer by his shirt, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into her embrace.

"What is it Wands?" He asked while sliding his arms around the small of her back.

"This whole situation with the accords..." She said quietly. "Things aren't going to get better, are they?"

"I don't know Wanda." Carson sighed and kissed the top of head head. "Listen, I have to go to Queens with Tony tomorrow but once I'm back, we can figure this out together."

"I don't want to lose you." Wanda whispered as she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck.

"Hey," He pulled back and cupped her face in his hands, using his thumb to wipe away the tear that began running down her cheek. "You are never going to lose me. Okay?"

She nodded slowly, not meeting his eyes or responding. Carson frowned when he noticed her eyes starting to well up a little.

"Wanda." He tilted her head up slightly so she was now looking up at him. "It doesn't matter what's going on, or where we are. I will always be with you, alright?"

"Always?" She asked timidly.

"Always." He smiled.

~~ ᗢ ~~

I was going about to type something but literally forgot so

Adios amigos

[Not edited]