08 | 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒

TONY AND CARSON WERE SAT DOWN IN MAY PARKER'S LIVING ROOM, Carson drinking some of the coffee that May made him mainly to hide his smirk when he noticed the face Tony pulled when he ate some of the cake that May had taken out of the oven twenty minutes prior.

"I actually had no idea that Peter had applied for your grant." May smiled at the pair. "But then again, Peter hasn't been home much lately."

"Oh really," Carson raised a brow. "How come?"

"He's always staying late at school to do extra studying." May explained. "I know there's no harm in it, but I still worry about him. You never know what could happen these days."

Tony and Carson exchange a look, both of them knowing that the reason that May's nephew comes home late is not because of extra studying.

Carson glanced over at the door, his hearing picking up the sound of footsteps coming down the hall. A few seconds later, keys were heard in the door and none other than Peter Parker walked in, gently kicking the door closed behind him with his foot.

"Hey May." Peter said as he dropped his backpack off his shoulder and made his was over to the kitchen, not noticing the two Avengers that were sat in his living room.

"Hey." May smiled at her nephew. "How was school today?"

"It was okay. There's this crazy car parked outside—" Peter turned to look at his aunt and stopped in his tracks when he saw Carson and Tony.

"Mr. Parker." Tony greeted from his spot on the sofa next to May.

"Um..." Peter began walking over to the group, pulling his earbuds out. "What-- What are you doing... Hey Uh, I'm Peter." He stammered.

"I'm Tony and this is Carson." Tony pointed over to Carson who was sat in one of the armchairs, Carson gave Peter a nod.

"What are you.. uh.. what are you doing here?" Peter asked.

"Well, it's about time we met." Tony shrugged. "You've been getting my emails, right?" Tony gave Peter a look, signalling for him to go along with what he was saying.

"Yeah..."

"Right?"

"Yeah, yeah." Peter caught on. "Regarding the..."

"You didn't tell me about the grant." May spoke up.

"About the grant..." Peter scrunched his eyebrows.

"The September Foundation." Carson clarified, giving the younger teen a little help.

"Right." Peter nodded slowly.

"Remember when you applied?" Carson widened his eyes at him, making sure Peter continued to go along with him and Tony's story.

"Yeah, yep, yup, I remember."

"Well, I approved." Tony added, taking a sip of his coffee. "So now, we're in business."

"But you didn't tell me anything." May said, sounding a little hurt. "What's up with that? Are you keeping secrets from me now?"