04 | 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒

AFTER THEY had left the compound, the pair found themselves wandering around the streets of New York, talking about anything and everything that came into mind in the moment. It was quite soothing actually, just being in each others company.

Once Wanda had revealed that she'd never actually been to New York before, Carson decided it was only right to show her around. So that's exactly what he did. He showed her around all the best spots, the best food places, he even snuck them into one of the smaller art museums after hearing Wanda talk about her interest in art 30 minutes prior.

As they walked down one of the more busier streets, Carson found himself instinctively placing his hand on the small of her back to help her past when they walked through some of the more lively crowds of people, just as Wanda found herself slipping her hand around his forearm for comfort.

Carson looked down at Wanda, noticing how the speed of her heartbeat suddenly picked up as they began walking past another large crowd of people. He reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone to check the time before speaking up.

"You wanna go somewhere with less people?" He said, sliding his hand to the small of her back once again and pulling her in closer so the people walking past didn't barge into her. "Or we can go back to the compound, we've been out for a few hours now."

She looked up at him and smiled. "No, no, we don't need to go back it's nice being out here.." Wanda looked down and said quietly under her breath, "This.. is uh.. nice."

Carson nodded and chuckled to himself as his hearing picked up what she said.

"It's just that everyone's thoughts.. they're loud." Wanda shrugged.

As they made their way out of the crowd they walked through Carson felt someone barge into his side, knocking him back slightly.

"Jesus man-" He looked over his shoulder to see a man with a tactical vest on also glaring at him from over his shoulder too, walking away from them. He furrowed his brows at the sight, something felt familiar about the man but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Weird.

Carson decided to brush it off and turn his attention back to Wanda. "Ok so somewhere quieter, I have an idea."

Wanda smiled then bit the inside of her cheek. "Lead the way."

---

They continued their walk and ended up at Central Park. Carson lead Wanda to a spot of the park with a bench that was surrounded by a few trees and quite hidden, he tuned into his hearing and closely listened to the surroundings to make sure it was quiet. Other than the sounds of a few animals and people walking past the park there was actually no one there other than them.

"This better Maximoff?" He asked, walking over to the bench.

Wanda smiled and nodded and took in her surroundings. As she went to sit down on the bench she tilted her head in confusion as the sight of Carson walking past the bench. After taking a few more steps he turned around and sat down on the grass and lying back, propping himself up with his arms so he could still see Wanda.

"What are you doing on the ground?" Wanda asked with a confused smile on her face.

Carson smirked and lied back, placing his hands back behind his head so he was comfier and looked up at the sky. "What are you doing on the bench?"

Wanda playfully rolled her eyes, stood up and started walking over to Carson. She looked down at him and raised her eyebrows.

"Two teenagers in central park, this late at night, both lying on their backs in the middle of some grass surrounded by trees, we wouldn't exactly look normal y'know?" She teased.