03 | 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐄

EVERYONE was sat down in their own seat in the spaceship, each of them making sure their belts were fastened securely. Carson kept his eyes trained outside the large window at the front of the aircraft, watching intently as the sky started to get darker while the altitude increased.

"Okay." Rocket turned around in his seat. "Who here hasn't been to space?"

Carson, Natasha, Steve and Rhodey all raised their hands and Rocket sighed, along with Carol letting out a small chuckle.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket quipped.

"Approaching jump in three..." Nebula began.

"Oh, shit, we're going now?" Carson asked.

"Aw, you scared?" Carol looked over her shoulder at him.

"Two."

Carson scoffed. "Oh come on blondie, this is my first time in space. You expect me to—"

"One."

Before Carson had any time to finish his sentence, his head was roughly pushed backwards against his seat due to the drastic increase of speed. His jaw clenched tightly along with his hands gripping the arms of his seat as they went through the jump, his eyes being filled with a multitude of colours.

He quickly glanced over at Natasha to see if she was okay, letting out a soft laugh at how her eyes were slammed shut. After a few more seconds they came to a sudden stop and everyone let out a breath of relief.

Carol loosened her belt and got up from her chair, smirking at Carson on the way past as she exited the ship.

The blonde flew in front of the window and turned on her earpiece. "I'll head down for recon."

Everyone started to get up and split off from one another as they each prepared to get ready. Carson walked over to the armoury and grabbed a few knives, slotting them into the holders on his belt.

Natasha walked into the room but once she saw Carson she stopped. She sighed and started to turn around to leave. "Sorry. I'll come back later." She mumbled quietly.

"Wait." Carson spoke up. "Nat, you don't need to leave just because I'm here. Can we talk?"

Natasha turned around and raised a brow at him. "Oh, so you actually want to talk to me now?"

Carson scratched the back of his head and started to walk closer to her. "Look, I know I've been... well, a pretty shit friend to you recently."

Natasha nodded bluntly and folded her arms across her chest.

"I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am Nat, really." Carson sighed. "I should've never spoken to you that way yesterday. I don't know why I said those things to you... I really don't know where it came from."

Natasha looked down at the ground. "It's okay."

Carson shook his head and reached down for her hand. "No, no it's not. I know I can't do or say much to make up for it, but I just want to make sure that you know that... what I said to you wasn't true. You were right, I didn't mean it."