15 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

Seatbelts on my luvs, this chapter is a whopper.

———

CARSON MANAGED to make his way out of the compound without being spotted, grabbing some extra weapons and equipment on the way. Just in case. He closed the back door behind him and started making his way over to one of the helicopters that was stationed on one of the helipads in the back.

Little did he know, someone also had the same idea as him.

Tony was currently making his way to the same helicopter with his phone in hand, already getting FRIDAY to gather info about the infamous Helmut Zemo, the man who turned the Avengers world upside down so easily.

The pair of them both got closer and closer to the chopper, each of them coming from different sides. They both reached the helicopter at the same time and ended up opening the doors to their side simultaneously, meeting each other in the middle which took them by surprise.

"JESUS—" Both of them jumped back in shock and Tony gripped his chest as he groaned dramatically trying to catch his breath again.

"You scared the shit out of me— wait.. what are you doing here?"

"Me... I'm uh, just checking over things, y'know making sure the old chopper is still working correctly." Carson cleared his throat and leant against the helicopter, looking around the inside to pretend he was checking over everything. "So, what are you doing here?"

Tony paused for a moment before fiddling with the handle on the door. "Same as you. I came here to check the... handle..."

"I've managed to find more information on Zemo." FRIDAY spoke up through Tony's phone and he quickly pulled it out of his pocket, almost dropping it as he tapped the screen multiple times to get FRIDAY to stop talking.

Carson stifled a laugh. "Just checking the handle huh?"

"Alright, alright." Tony huffed and looked around as he tried to think of something to say. "So I'm doing a little research. There's been some light shed on this situation thanks to Romanoff and I need to find out if this is true then I need to go talk to the others."

He looked down, noticing the paper that was in Carson's hand and gave him a confused look.

"What's that?" He asked.

There was no point in lying. Not now that Tony knew about Zemo.

"I've been doing a little research too." Carson replied.

Although Tony knew that Natasha had been looking into Zemo, Carson wasn't sure if Tony knew that she had also told him about where the others were being held. So he figured it was best to leave that part out. He didn't want to throw her under the bus.

"What about?" Tony raised a brow.

"I know where Wanda and the others are." Carson answered. "And I'm going there, right now." He climbed into the helicopter and sat down.

Tony joined him, sitting down across from him. "Well that makes two of us then."

"You coming to talk to your best friend in the whole wide world Ross?" Carson taunted making Tony scoff as he pressed a few buttons on the control pad, the helicopter now starting up with auto pilot on.

"No actually." Tony gave him a tight smile. "I want to fix the mess that I got everyone into... I didn't know that they'd be locked up in the Raft, I really didn't. I'm going so I can talk to Sam, figure out where Rogers and Barnes are going to I can help them."