15 | 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄

Seven hours later.

CARSON shot up out of his sleep, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light in the room while he caught his breath. He looked around the room, seeing all the different machines that were reading his heart rate and other stats.

His eyes traveled down noticing a needle that was in his wrist, some clear fluid flowing through it and into his arm. As he began to move his other hand to take the needle out, he felt the restricted amount of movement he was able to do with the other hand.

"What the.." Carson furrowed his brows as he looked down at the cuff that was attached around his wrist, keeping his movement limited. He pulled his arm towards him harshly, hoping to break the cuff off but it didn't budge. It was made from some sort of material which clearly was going to take more effort to break.

Just as he was about to try again he was interrupted by the door to the room opening.

"Woahhhh easy there tiger." The person softly chuckled. "You've already destroyed my kitchen, I can't have you trashing my medbay too."

He looked up to see Tony stood in the doorway with a warm smile on his face. Carson couldn't help but feel relieved once he saw him, knowing for certain that he was back at the compound and not in another random testing room that he'd been in and out of for the past two month.

"How long was I out?" Carson asked groggily.

"Longer than expected. We was starting to get worried." Tony leant up from his spot at the door and began walking over to Carson but was quickly stopped.

"No, no, wait." Carson shook his head, the memories of everything that had occurred in the past few days rushing back in. "Don't come any closer, I don't- I can't hurt anyone else again."

Tony frowned as he watched the horrified expression form on Carson's face. He sighed and walked over to the side of the bed then proceeded to take out the needle that was in his arm, along with undoing the cuff that was around his wrist.

"What are you-"

"It's alright, trust me." Tony insisted, pulling a chair up to the side of Carson's bed.

Once his hands were free, he brought them in front of him and looked down at them. His eyes moving from the bruises on his knuckles, to the cuff marks around his wrists, to the scratches that were on his arms from Wanda's desperate attempts to get free of him.

"How are you feeling?" Tony spoke up, pulling Carson out of his thoughts.

"Like shit." He deadpanned, making Tony chuckle at his bluntness. "What the hell did you give me."

"Oh nothing much, just the ol' antidote to the mind warping business Hydra did to you."

Carson looked up at Tony and raised a brow, searching his eyes for any dishonesty. But instead he was just met with a proud smile from the man in front of him.

"What? No that's not possible... they said-"
"It doesn't matter what they said." Tony interrupts. "But look, you're not currently trying to kill me or anyone around you sooooo I'd say it's pretty possible."

"I know, I know, I'm just... are you sure about this Tony?" Carson asked.

"At first it was tricky to tell... I mean hell, I wasn't even sure if the counter agent would— Anyway... ever since you've been out of it we've been doing tests." Tony began explaining. "And everything that was abnormal, what was causing you to act the way you were, is now back to its regular state. It's over Carson. You're free."