10 | 𝐈'𝐌 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄

WANDA STIRRED awake due to the sounds of the TV coming from downstairs. She let out a tired huff and wiped her eyes before reaching her arm out to the side to lay on Carson's chest. But instead it was met with the mattress.

Her head lifted up from the pillow and she looked at the empty space next to her with a frown. She didn't like waking up without him. For a second, Wanda started to wonder where he was. Maybe he was downstairs with the boys, or had gone for a walk.

But that's when all the memories from yesterday hit her.

From their little spat in the morning, to how she'd been mad at him all day for missing the boy's first Halloween, to how he lied about where he was going.

And of course, she couldn't forget about how she, y'know, intentionally expanded the border of the false world she created in order to stop her husband from falling back into his seemingly unbreakable coma.

Yeah... that.

But hey! We've all been there right?

Wanda still hadn't heard from him. And even though she could still feel Carson and know that he was safe, she couldn't help but be a little worried at first. Why hadn't he come back? Or reached out?

Then again, I did say at first. Her mood switched pretty quickly and now she was just ticked off at the fact that he hadn't come back or reached out.

The sound of two pairs of hurried footsteps running up the stairs caused Wanda to let out a quiet huff and she pulled the covers over her face, as if that would make her invisible or something.

Which it didn't of course.

"Mom, our game is freaking out." Billy complained.

Tommy nodded along. "Where's dad? Can you get him to come and fix it, please?"

The lack of response from Wanda made the twins share a look of confusion. The twins both took a step closer and looked down at the bed, their faces scrunching when they saw how Wanda was completely under the covers.

"Is she asleep?" Tommy whispered to Billy.

"Mommy's not sleeping, honey." Wanda's voice was muffled by the covers. "She's just, resting her eyes."

"Mom." Billy poked Wanda over the covers. "My head feels weird... it's really noisy. I don't like it."

Wanda's head emerged from the covers and she kept her eyes closed. "Resting... her... eyes."

~~ ᗢ ~~

CARSON'S eyes opened slowly, his face scrunching up when he felt the grass against his face and the coldness of the air against his skin. The sound of talking amongst multiple people along with music playing caught his attention and he got to his feet, wincing a little as his head began to throb.

He gripped the bridge of his nose as he waited for it to die down and once it did he looked around at everyone, only to grow confused as to why there was a carnival being set up.

A man in a strange costume approached him and scoffed. "You're the new clown?"

"Uh..."