09 | 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

CARSON inhaled sharply and gripped hold of his shoulder with a slight wince as he noticed the multiple claw marks that had ripped through his suit and made contact with his skin.

"Great." Carson huffed in annoyance.

He quickly took in his surroundings to make sure everyone was safe and holding their own, but the low growling coming from behind him grabbed his attention. Carson slowly turned around, his brow raising when he saw another cluster of aliens slowly advancing towards him.

Carson with a sigh, he rolled his neck and shook out his hands to prepare himself, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath as he allowed his powers to surround his hands once more.

He opened his eyes and held his stare with the group ahead of him. Waiting for their next move. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He ushered them forwards with a grin. "Come on."

A small smirk formed on Carson's lips as the group of many aliens all charged towards him. He extended his arms out in front of him and watched as the red wisps weaved their way through the group like they had a life of their own, harshly wrapping themselves around each alien and lifting them up into the air.

Carson took note at how the aliens, which he found out were called outriders, all writhed in his grip, desperate to attack him. Some of them were even clawing at their own allies in attempt to get free. He almost felt sorry them actually, knowing that their fate wouldn't exactly be pretty.

Almost.

He curled his hands up into tight fists and then threw his arms out to the side, watching in amusement as the outriders were ripped in half and tossed to the side.

Due to the amount of damage that he caused, some blood from the outrider's bodies spurted onto Carson's face which instantly made let out a groan in disgust.

"Jesus." He wiped his hand over his face and shook out his hand. "That was disgusting."

"How much longer, Shuri?" T'Challa spoke into his earpiece.

"I've barely begun, brother." The girl replied.

Carson made eye contact with T'Challa. "You might want to tell your sister to pick up the pace—"

The sudden impact of something clinging onto Carson's back stopped him from finishing his sentence and he dropped to his knees, looking over his shoulder at an outrider that had jumped onto his back, his jaw clenching as the alien sunk it's teeth into his shoulder blade.

"Fuck!" He yelled, muffling his sounds of pain through gritted teeth. "You little shit!"

Carson reached over his shoulder and grabbed hold of the aliens head before throwing the outrider over his body. The alien skidded along the ground but quickly recovered and charged at him once again.

His back hit the ground with a thud and he moved his hands out in front of him, trying to push the alien away. Before he had chance to use his powers, more outriders joined the group and leaped on him. They all started tugging at the fabric of his suit around his arms and legs, ultimately rendering him stuck.

"There's too many of 'em!" Bruce yelled as he too started to get attacked by another cluster of aliens, them all piling on top of the suit he borrowed from Tony.

"You think?!" Carson yelled back as he tried to break free.

Carson's head was pushed back against the ground again and his eyes met with the sky. But to his surprise, that's not all he noticed. A huge ray of light was seen hurdling down towards the ground, a multitude of colours mixed in with it.