05 | 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐀𝐘?

ONCE the rain had cleared, Wanda and Carson moved from their hiding spot underneath the table. Carson helped Wanda up and after seeing the mess that had been caused in the house, she used her powers to open the door and bring in the wind from outside to dry everything.

Wanda took a deep breath. "Dorogoy... do you think it's time to—"

"Call the doctor?" Carson asked and Wanda nodded. "Of course Wands, you just stay there okay?"

Carson walked over to the phone and started to call Dr. Neilson, but after the whole incident with the power going off earlier, the phones still seemed to not be working.

"The phones are down. I'll go and find him." Carson started to walk towards the door but came to a stop when he remembered what the doctor told him before. "Shit, except he might of already left town."

"What?!" Wanda exclaimed. "At a time like this?"

Carson let out a sigh. "Wands, the baby is nine months early."

Wanda huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I can go and check." Carson suggested. "You'll be okay here for a little while, right?"

Wanda's face scrunched up a little in pain as another contraction hit her. She noticed Carson's hesitation in leaving and took hold of his hand. "I'll be fine."

"You're sure?"

"I promise." She assured.

Carson gave Wanda a quick kiss before he made a run for the door. Due to him rushing, the door closed a little louder than he intended making Wanda jump.

"Sorry!" She heard him call out from outside and she chuckled.

~~ ᗢ ~~

Carson ran as fast as he could down the street, not wanting to waste anytime in getting to Dr. Neilson's house. He did a quick check of his surroundings to see if anyone was around and once he had deemed the coast to be clear, he fired his energy down at the ground which gave him a boost in the air.

As he was in the air, his eyes darted around trying to find a glimpse of the doctor and his house to see if his car was on the driveway. But as Carson was looking, the same pain in his head returned and faint images started to flash before his eyes.

Carson was sat down in the quinjet, looking outside the window at the view of the city below them.

"It's nice up here, isn't it?" The redheaded woman said as she sat across from him.

Carson nodded. "It's quiet."

The woman leant back in her seat, staying silent for a moment as she watched him intently.

"You did great today, you know that right?" She told him.

"Tell that to tin can over there." Carson rolled his eyes.

The woman laughed. "Oh come on, you know he just gets worried about you, you're like his child. He'll lighten up soon. It's only because this is your second mission."