06 | 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓

Three days later.

CARSON'S FACE SCRUNCHED SLIGHTLY AS HE BEGAN WAKING UP FROM HIS SLEEP. As he came around, the sounds that were coming from Wanda's TV, which they forgot to turn off, filled his ears. He gently slid his hands from Wanda's waist being careful not to wake her and began blindly moving his hand around the bed to find the remote to turn off the TV.

As his hand touched the remote, he accidentally pressed one of the buttons and ended up changing the channel. He rolled his eyes and picked up the remote to turn off the TV, but the voice of a news reporter was heard on the channel.

"A bomb that was hidden in a news van, ripped through the UN building in Vienna."

Carson's movements came to a sudden stop when he heard what the man said, his head snapped over to the screen, seeing clips of firefighters running into the building and putting out the fires. He carefully moved Wanda from off his chest and sat up in the bed, listening as the reporter continued.

"More than seventy people have been injured and at least twelve are dead." The man on the screen informed the viewers. "Including Wakanda's King T'Chaka."

He wiped his hand over his face as he continued to watch the screen. And then it hit him. He was going to be going there today but Tony said that he could sign the next time he saw him. That he had to stay at the compound with Wanda. Something about it being too dangerous for her to leave and that it was best if he stayed with her so she wouldn't think anything of it.

He was supposed to go with Natasha.

Who still decided to go. Today.

Carson quickly reached over to the bedside table that was on his side and grabbed his phone, calling Natasha straight away.

No answer.

"Come on Romanoff, pick up." He mumbled as he tried to ring her again.

"Officials have released a video of a suspect..."

The reported spoke up once more which grabbed Carson's attention, he looked up at the screen with his phone still pressed to his ear as he listened to the line still ringing.

"... who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes. The Winter Solder. The infamous HYDRA agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations. Barnes has also known to be affiliated with the well known Avenger, Carson Swan. The pair both being the faces behind the more recent killings and destruction of numerous S.H.I.E.L.D bases--"

Carson huffed and muted the TV, throwing the remote down harshly on the bed which made Wanda shift in her sleep slightly. Just as he was about to call Natasha again, her name popped up on his screen and he answered straight away, a wave of relief instantly washing over him.

"Nat? I just saw the news... are you--"

"Yeah... I'm fine, I got lucky." Natasha said. "I saw the missed calls, sorry I didn't answer sooner, I couldn't find my phone and then I was talking to T'Challa then Steve-- It's all going to shit."

"You talked to Steve?" Carson asked.

"He called me before I called you, he's... he's going to go after Barnes, he thinks that he can help him or get through to him. I tried to talk to him out of it but-- Well you saw his reaction when you told him about working with Bucky while under Nikolai's control, now he's finally got a location on him, you really think he's going to stop?"