Miguel

I sat on the lawn of my house with Miguel next to me, watching the clouds slowly pass by, revealing an intricate pattern of stars behind it. Miguel and I have been dating these last couple of months and ever since we had gotten together, my life has utterly changed for the better. He single-handedly has become my knight in shining armor always protecting me from what I need to protected from whether it be mentally or physically.

"Miguel?" I whispered trying to get his attention.

"Yeah Y/n?" Miguel asked turning his head so that he could look me in the eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that ever since we started dating you have made my life better than it ever has been. There has been so many times in my life in which I felt alone, as if there was no one that would ever like me in any way, shape, or form, but here I am sitting with the best boyfriend in the world." I said clearly kind of surprised that I was able to say all of that clearly without stuttering at all from nervousness.

Miguel sat there for a second before saying "I love you." for the first time.

Not once have we ever said the "L" word to eachother even though I feel as if we already knew that we loved eachother from the minute that we started dating. This being said it still came as a shock to me, my eyes even started to water to the point that I felt a single tear slip down my cheek.

"I love you too Miguel so much." I responded knowing that I had to say it back.

It was as if he had the same reaction as me, I watched as his eyes started to become glossy, signaling that he was tearing up. I know other people would probably judge and make fun of Miguel for tearing up in this situation, but honestly I don't think he could have had a cuter reaction than this because to me this shows how much he cares. I knew that he meant it when he said it so I never need to doubt his feelings because I know that they are genuine.

He buried his head into his knees trying to conceal the tears that were coming from his eyes, at this point I was crying as well. I didn't say anything, knowing that there was nothing I could say that would be significant. Instead, I gently wrapped my arms around his body and in doing so, he lifted his head up from his legs, probably knowing that I would never judge him for expressing his emotions. I took my hand and raised it up to his face, gently wiping his tears before leaning in and connecting my lips with his. He didn't even need a second to think about kissing me, rather he kissed back immediately with so much passion. Gosh, I wish that this one moment could last forever, it was perfect and there was nothing that could stop it from being just that.

But of course, we needed to part our lips in order to breathe in the fresh crisp air. In doing so we both fell back onto the blanket that we had just layed down, content with everything that had been going on. Miguel moved closer to me so that the two of our bodies were touching against eachother. The warmth that the two of us generated had made the two of us especially sleepy apparently, due to the fact that both of us fell asleep like that, holding onto eachother feeling as if as long as we were together nothing could touch or harm us in any way. It was then that I was certain he was the love of my life, both of us may be young, but that doesn't matter when it comes down to things because love could still be as strong as teenagers as it is when you grow old.