Hawk

It had been years since I had broken up with Hawk, I loved him, more than anything but it went against everything that I stood for to continue a relationship with him. He wasn't who he used to be and that absolutely broke me and my heart.

The second that I graduated from high school, I moved out of my home town in order to try and get away from everything and start a new life where I could be happy and I was lucky enough to get what I wanted. I met a great guy and the two of us got married after dating for a year and I was genuinely in love with life, something that was unfamiliar for me for such a long time. My life only got better when me and my husband brought a beautiful baby boy into this world.

"I am going to go take (your sons name) on a walk around town. I'll be back soon!" I yelled and got an ok from my husband before putting my baby in his stroller and walking out the door. It was kind of cloudy and cold out so with every step that I took I felt a cool breeze blow at my face making my face partially numb.

We walked for about thirty minutes until I decided that it was probably best to go back so that neither of get a cold. As I was passing by a man though I got a really odd feeling in my stomach. The man's eyes were were cold and lifeless as he stared at me so I started to walk a bit faster so that he wouldn't try to hurt me or my baby.

"You really don't remember who I am, do you?" The man said causing me to stop in my tracks immediately recognizing the voice. I turned back around and looked at him for a second in a sort of guilty way. I got choked up and I couldn't say anything no matter how hard I tried to. "I'm happy to see that you are living a way better life than what I have had to go through." Hawk retorted causing me to get angry at this point. "How could you seriously say that to me right now, do you know how many times I tried to help you get your life on track but no matter how much work or effort I put in you pushed me to the side like I was worth nothing to you. The fact that you have the audicity to walk up to me right now when I have my baby with me and try to start something really shows how much that you haven't changed." I responded with angry tears forming in my eyes.

Hawk stood there for a second with a regretful look in his eyes as he stared down at the stroller where my baby was sleeping after being lulled to sleep by the motion of the stroller as we walked. "Huh so you really moved on." Hawk choked out with a bit of strain in his voice. "Yeah I did and you should too." I told him before turning around and walking back in the direction of where my house was.

I could feel a couple tears fall down my cheeks as I walked away, I wasn't disappointed with my life, I was just disappointed that he was never able to get his life on track like he should have been able to if he would have just accepted my help.