Scars Are Forever

Chapter 15 Y/n POV

HYDRA, always hydra and it's always been them. They took everything from me and I don't think I can get it back. Wounds heal but scars don't go away; they are forever. I am reminded every day of my scars. I only wear long sleeves to cover them up. With summer coming I am going to need better justifications.

"Y/n, The team and I have something to discuss with you." what do they and to talk to me about but Tony's face looks serious. What is this about? I stopped eating and put my fork down. I nodded my head for them to continue.

" with you being 15 we all have decided that you should start high school. Well, you would be a junior. But we think this would be in your best interest"

My best interest. I can barely control my powers. I do not sleep without waking up from some crazy nightmare. I don't want to go somewhere public where I could kill someone.

"Y/n are you okay. Your body is glowing." Natasha asked me but I did answer. I got up from my chair sliding it back. I backed away from the table. I looked at my hands and they were glowing.

"Was it something I said"
While backing up I trip over the chair and fell and hit my head. Everyone came rushing over. Just great, today's a great day I close my eyes so they can't see them. Also because I am too embarrassed to look them in the face.

"Y/n are okay," Bruce asked me. I shook my head yes and didn't move. " can you open your eyes," Tony asked. Umm, I don't think that's a good idea.

"It's okay y/n open your eyes" I open my eyes and the first person I see is Natasha. I smile and everyone lets out a breath of relief. I sat up and Steve helped me up and we all went to the living room.

"Umm Tony are her eyes supposed to glow like that." Tony leaned forward to get a better look. I leaned back on the couch.  " back up dude to close"  signed to him. He back up but noticed my hands and my gloves. He grabbed my hand and I tried to snatch it back but he told me to relax. He pulled up my sleeve to where the gloves ended.

"Tony what are you doing" " Natasha, will you walk Y/n to the lab so I can have her checked out. Everyone else will stay here."

Nat and I got up and started walking. It was silent but it was a comfortable one. Nat was the first to break the silence.

"Y/n I know you're not so happy about going to school. But I think it will be good for you. Also before you say you're not good at socializing and they won't understand you. You have to give this a chance at least give it 2 months and if you don't like it we can pull you out."

"Fine far enough"  Okay, I will give this school thing a chance only for Nat even though I have never been to school before. I think I can do this.

"Oh, and one more thing." we got to the lab, and nat helped me up onto the bed. I looked at her waiting for her to keep going.

" I know I could never replace your mom or your dad or any of your family but I was wondering if you would let me-" Tony walked in " okay so I think I know what's wrong-"
"shut up Tony Nat was trying to ask me something."

"Would you let me adopt you" Tony faced lit up,  Natasha wants to adopt me, she wants me? That's incredible I can finally have a family. I can have a mom.

"It's okay I understand this is a very big decision."
"No, I mean yes,  I would love for you to adopt me."  She smiled and we hugged. This is the best day of my life.

👋So fam this is chapter 15 I think I am not sure. But I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I enjoyed writing this chapter it was a lot of fun and don't worry I have already started writing the next one so it should be out tomorrow. Thank you for all the reads, votes, and follows you all are amazing. So with that, I guess I will see you in the next chapter. Byeeee 👋

Word Count: 763