Do They Know

Chapter 25

It's been a few weeks and it's almost the end of June. I and Loki have grown closer in our friendship and he is almost fluent in sign language. Nat has been helping me prep for school along with Tony and Bruce helping me with mathematics and calculus. Thor finely diced to start to learn sign and he is doing pretty good.

Tony postponed our move to the compound but that's fine with me. Loki and I have been training a lot and it's not as hard as I thought it would be to keep up with an Asgardian, Thor I'm a little skeptical about. Oh after about a week I also gave Clint his bow back but mainly because he also had a mission.

But this morning is not good. I may be alive and have a family but Today is not my day. For most teens, they would enjoy their 16th birthday but me no. In Hydra, we would do experiments that made no sense to me since I ALREADY HAD POWERS, then after they would have the audacity to say happy birthday, and give me some stale, 8yr old, nasty -looking cupcake.

LIKE COME ON MAN.

Then I also have to share my Birthday with my mother's death day. I don't remember much about her, she gave me a necklace that had a blue crystal in it. my father told me that she always said it will always help me find my way home. But I lost the necklace. My birthday just brings back too many bad memories I would like to forget. I don't want to get out of bed. I just want to cry and eat ice cream or just do nothing.

Ohh look at me I'm sixteen. Sixteen years without a mom, twelve years without a present father, and my first birth without experiments. I put a pillow over my face. As much as I want to skip this day, other people had other plans.

Tony opened the door and walked. I can tell by the way he walks.

"Good morning Y-" I sat up swiftly, letting my eyes glow bright signaling him to get out. "I will come back later"

He states slowly backing out of the door, closing it. I lay back down and put the pillow back over my face.

About 10 minutes later Nat and Clint walked into my room. "Okay, sunshine it's time to get up" "it's like almost 9:00 am you never sleep in this la-"

Once again I sit up letting the power course throw my body. I just want them to leave me alone. With my eyes glowing I look at both of them tilting my head slightly and say using my real voice.

"Get....out" Natasha's face looks surprised, as things begin to float around the room her eyes widened, Clint doesn't look phased by my outburst, they both walk out and close the door. I feel kinda bad for flashing my eyes at them. I lay back down with tears in my eyes. I just want this day to be over.

Team's POV

Tony walks out of Y/n's room confused and a little concerned she has never flashed her eyes at him. He walks to the elevator and presses the button to the temporary common room. The doors open and he walks out.

"Jarvis call a team meeting everyone but Y/n"

"Okay sir does that include Mr.Loki sir."

"Yea, maybe he can help. Thanks J." he states while thinking. Tony walks and sits on the couch. Soon enough the entire team including Loki walks out of the elevator. They walk over to the many couches and sit.

"Tony I would like to know why you called a meeting and why not in the meeting rooms?" Cap asks while walking to sit in one of the chairs

"It's Y/n" "and what's wrong with her," Nat asked but sounded more like a demand.

"No one thinks it's weird that she missed training and that it's almost 9am and she is still in bed." Everyone shared worried expressions except Loki who had a book in his face but was listening to their conversation.