Overload

Chapter 16 Y/n POV

A good minute later we broke away from the hug. Ready to see if Tony can fix this.

"Y/n I am gonna need you to take off your hoodie" I hesitated but took it off leaving only with my black long sleeve shirt.

I gave it to Natasha and waited until Tony came over with his rolling chair and sat down. He looked at my eyes for a little bit and I gave him an awkward smile. He laughed a bit and looked back down at my gloves.

"Do your hands hurt," he asked while examining the gloves. I shake my head no. He keeps looking but I don't know what for.

"Take off your glove" I looked at him shocked. Like did he not see what just happened in the kitchen my hands were glowing.

" Tony are you sure this is a good idea"
yes I agree with Natasha not a good idea. I just had one of my biggest power surges last night and this morning. I could hurt myself not only that but everyone in this room.

"Yes, I believe these gloves are no longer keeping your powers under control and no longer holding the energy you create."

I take off one of my gloves and see my hand is bruised and red. I don't believe it was like this morning. They look terrible. But it doesn't hurt.

I look at Tony and Nat, their faces look terrified. I take off the other glove and hand them to Tony. Both of my hands look horrible. Without the glove, I would have to keep my emotions in my cheek because anything can set them off. I could have a major power blow up.

Tony takes the gloves and examines them.
" I was right these gloves will no longer work for you. Your abilities have matured. I would have to make you new ones. Which will take time. I have power-damping bracelets that will do some similar thing as your gloves but will put limitations on your telekinesis and energy manipulation. But I want you to try and gain control over your abilities. All of them, even your ice ones.By the end of summer, your gloves should be ready."

I sat there taking in everything he said how my powers have grown. Also, he wants me to learn how to control my power without the aid of my gloves. I don't think I can do this.

"What about these bruises how did this happen" 
"They may not hurt now but they are caused by the glove instead of helping they were harming you. can you pull up your sleeves"

I pulled up my sleeves and it was scary. It looked like someone threw my arms against a brick wall then attached them to my body.

"I would advise you to stay away from long sleeve shirts." My face is stuck. He knows exactly why I wear long sleeves and all I have is long sleeves. I gave him a death stare I learned from Nat.

"Did you teach her that"
Nat look at what my face was doing and laughed
"Sure did"
"Why would you do that she is a tiny you now"
Nat just smiled

"You do know why I wear long sleeves right"
he shook his head
"You do know all I have is long sleeves right."

" I know that's why Nat is taking you shopping for short sleeve shirts only. You only have to wear them until your arms heal."

you know what that's it.

I jumped off the bed and walked past Tony and Nat. I am going to my room. I saw Loki in the hallway but I kept walking. He was asking what was wrong but I need to cool off. I took the stairs to my room and opened the door and slammed it. I took off my hearing aids and put them on my bed.

That's when I lost control again.

Nats POV

Y/n jumped off the bed and rushed out of the room. I was going to go after her but Tony stopped me.
"Just give her some space to cool down"

"Tony you do realize that Y/n does not have her gloves to help keep her abilities in cheek while she is having an emotional breakdown. So if she is not careful she could hurt herself or bring this entire building down with us in it." I saw his face change.

"you're right let's go. J.A.R.V.I.S, tell Barton to get to  y/n room. Inform the rest of the team to stay away from the y/n room.." he grabbed the bracelets just in case and we needed them and ran down the hallway.

"Hey umm do you know why Y/n is upset"

I ran into Loki you think I would see him coming I guess not

" not right now Loki, Tony take the stairs I will meet you there"
"Loki not right now move" I ran around Loki up the stairs past Tony. Slowpoke, I got to her room a little out of breath so I stood there
catching my breath. But then I heard glass breaking.

So I pulled myself together and walked into the room. Y/n was throwing things around and breaking things. Then she stops.

"Y/n" she didn't answer "y/n" still nothing. Clint walked into the room with Tony and They walked beside me.

"How long has she been standing still like that"

"I'm not sure Tony she stopped about 2 minutes ago"
"What happened To her"
" Her gloves Tony made aren't working anymore. They hurt her and they caused bruising on her arms badly. Tony told her she couldn't wear long sleeves until they heal and he wants her to learn to control her ability. Then she freaked out and ran out of the room."

"Well thanks a lot, Tony you broke her" " I did not break her Clint"

" This is what I will do since you two children are too busy arguing on who broke who. I am going to walk around and see if she is okay and you two are going to stand there QUIETLY."

Before Tony could protest I cut home off.
"Quietly"

I walked around her body until I stood in front of her eyes closed and not she was not moving. What is she doing out there

"Hey Tony she not moving, come here"
Tony walked around and stood beside me. I moved out of the way and he moved in closer to her face.

"Tony I don't think it's the best idea to be that close to her face"

"I know what I am doing I am just-" her eyes snapped open and jabbed him right in the eye.

" Ow that hurt"

Hehe so I was supposed to post this early today and I forgot. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Not much going on I am on spring break so I should have time to post daily. Well, that's it and I guess I will see you in the next chapter.

So I just updated this chapter and feel a stupid because I forgot to post all everything with it if the chapter repeats I am sorry and also I am not dead.

Word count: 726