Chapter 23: Haunted

Chapter 23

A/N: Should I change the book name? "The Adventures of Spain National Team" sounds so lame... Or should it stay the same? (I just realised it rhymes LOL)

The Spaniards managed to squeeze into the gap between the rocks and the raging waterfall. The Secret Cave was just behind the waterfall and they went inside it without hesitating.

"Wise? Are you here?" Cesc shouted, breaking the silence, it seemed like the Wise wasn't there, not at all.

"King Skull said that he's a friendly immortal." Gerard said, looking for the Wise, "He might be a ghost, so we can't see him."

"I don't believe anything such as ghosts or immortals," Andres rolled his eyes, "I don't even trust King Skull."
"I'm kinda sure he is here." Gerard replied.

"Maybe he didn't notice us here?" Xavi stated, "But no... He is the Wise, he should know everything.

They began their search on the Wise, hoping that he would appear.

"Maybe he was deep inside the cave." Iker suggested.

The Spaniards tiptoed along the narrow path between the walls. The atmosphere became more and more humid when they went deeper and deeper.

Finally, the path ended up at a staircase, which leaded the footballers down to a room.

The room was dark, only vague figures of furniture are seen barely.

"Hello?" Cesc asked, "Anybody here?"

His sound echoed around the room, making the place seemed spookier.
"Come out, Wise!" Andres shouted, "Stop playing hide-and-seek!"

"Apparently he is not inside the cave," Xavi sighed, "We may not find him."
SCREECH!

"Did you guys just hear that?" Iker asked, "Sounds like metal screeching."

"IT MUST BE A GHOST!" Sergio shrieked, "AND IT'S COMING FROM THE CUPBOARD!"

"The Wise is an immortal, it doesn't mean he's a ghost," Fernando recalled what Silva had said before.

"Then the Wise himself must be hiding inside the cupboard!"

"Err... I don't think so," Fernando replied, "Don't make this place a mess."

"I won't, I promise." Sergio said as he opened the cupboard. It looked like nothing was in there, except dirt and dusts.

"Hmm...nothing," The defender mumbled, "He must be invisible."

"Maybe..." Iker shrugged.

SCRATCH!

"Uh, I heard that again," Cesc shivered, panicking, "Someone is scratching some wood."

"Lions? Tigers? Be...beasts?" Xavi stuttered, "Or maybe were...werewolves!?"

"Hey look! There are claw marks on the table." Gerard, who could barely see the scratches on the table, motioned his teammates to check out the wooden table.