Prologue 1

Prologue 1

Year 2067 B.C.

I am Psi, the crystal of amercement. Sent from the heavenly realm, though unsacred, my mission is to travel through universe, to destroy sin in every corner I can find. Usually, I was hidden as a core of a meteoroid, in order to control where it is heading to. It's like the nucleus of a cell, you can say. And when the target is locked, I would separate from the meteoroid, just to let the rocks fall onto the planet. Sometimes I would pull fire with my power, before my target turns into ashes. Then I would fly to my next destination, gathering rocks to form another meteoroid around me on my way. Perhaps you're thinking that I'm cool enough, but you aren't going to if you turned out to be my prey.

I have destroyed up to five hundred thousand places and annihilated forty-nine billion living creatures. The journey is long, indeed. However, I never fail to succeed, not even making a single mistake, well, except once.There were once two places called Sodom and Gomorrah on a planet called Earth, two places wreathed with crimes and misdeeds. Murdering, abusing, stealing, and any types of sin you can tell. Two angels informed me about these two places, two preys at the same time for me to exterminate. I collected brimstones which I thought it would be great at the first place, but I didn't realise I was stuck among the brimstones until I arrived the planet. The next thing that happened was a fall from the sky.

It had been a long time I had crash landed on the road outside Sodom, and finally I saw a group of people running towards me. As I knew, it was Lot and his family, escaping to Zoar. He would have saved me if I wasn't covered with sand. He was a good man. I was fortunate at the first place, since Lot's wife took a glimpse towards my position, noticing my existence. However, she looked back, and she became a pillar of salt right beside me.

Another great time had passed. I looked at the destruction I had made to the city as I spotted a boy lying outside the city. He seemed to have escaped, but there should be any survivors from neither Sodom nor Gomorrah, except Lot's family, or was it an illusion instead?

"Save me... Here..." I cried, hoping that he would hear me. Immediately he shifted his head, aware of who was calling him. That was the moment I acknowledged that he was really a survivor. He limped and limped, till his face was clearly seen. He didn't seem to look like a person from Sodom.

"Are you from Crete?" I asked, staring at his pure eyes, "Why did a youngster like you would come to a place like here?"

"Yes, I am," The boy answered with a weak voice. He must have been frail after the destruction, "I'm nine. Both of my parents are dead. I walked here from Greece to find my uncle who lived here."

"So that's why you are spared. I am Psi, the crystal of amercement, as well as the core of the asteroid, the fire, the pungent Sulphur. You're going to die, not for a long time. You've hurt too badly."

There was a silence between two of us.

"Promise me," I said, "Promise me that you will send me back where I belong."

"Where are you from?"

"I belong to the place beyond the skies." I answered. A place called universe, but I didn't think a kid would understand what it was.

"Why should I save you?"

"I will give another life to you. I mean, it's not another life -I can't create life, only Lord can- it's still your current life, but soon you'll be unconscious. You'll fall into a deep sleep while a piece of me will keep your soul, and after about 4000 years later, you'll be awaken. At that time, you will be rich, you will be famous, you will be successful."

"I'm actually satisfied with my current living," the boy limped backwards, as if there was something suspicious about me, "but I can do what I can help."

"The Lord has spared your life, and I must not choose the wrong person. I must never fall into wrong hands. But there is a consequence, when the darkest days comes..."

"Then why should I save you now when there are bad consequences in the future?"

"At that time, there won't be punishments anymore. Messiah has already been born, and every sin of believers will be atoned. I don't have to punish anyone anymore, my power is strong and I might lead people into astray, so I must be sealed in a place called The Sea of Time. The darkness lurks no more while light returns. And your soul is be the only thing that has the power."

"Alright," he nodded, "But how can I take you home?"

"Just free me out from these brimstones," I said, "Then I will be free. I don't belong to Earth."

The boy nodded before as his trembling finger started to dig and picked me up with his remaining strength, "Our promise shall not be broken..."

The moment I was vanished, he fell into deep unconsciousness.

Back into the sky, I looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and I saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace, just like what Bible mentioned the scene that Abraham had seen.

Next destination – Axuko.

The journey is long, indeed. However, I never fail to succeed, not even making a single mistake, well, except just this once.