Chapter 21: Chornicles of Blood

Chapter 21

A/N: I forgot to warn you that...characters death in this short chapter...yeah...again... So sorry it happens so frequently... (Don't hate me for that) And IMPORTANT: this part IS inspired by Across the Sea Chapter 22 (see my bio for more details).

"Being my friend earns you two privileges. I'd kill for you, and I'd die for you." --Dedrick D.L. Pitter

[Day 3]

"Pure human blood?" Sergio asked shocked, "You mean clean human blood?"

"It means the human must not have any ancestries from the other planets. For instance, it is not acceptable if your mother is from Earth but your father is from Mars."

"That means we're all pure human." Cesc added.

"How many blood do we need?" Andres questioned.

"You must sacrifice at least 5 litres of blood to get pass the bridge.

" The knight specified, "Does anyone of you have the willingness to sacrifice?"

"..."

"I'm just a worthless whore." Iker stepped in front of the knight, "People would never remember me, so I'll go."

"Alright, so you guys already got a choice." The knight said, pressing his spear, Blacktalon, against the goalkeeper's chest.

"WAIT!" Sergio shrieked, "You are not going to do that, Iker! You're the captain and we all need you. Especially me."

"It's better to be sacrificed than to die for no reason." Iker shook his head, "So I'll do it."

"No! You don't just have to die for the people you love. You need to live for them too." Sergio pulled Iker closely to his embrace, "Live for me. Please."

"Alright I'll live for you," Iker bent back Sergio's head and kissed him softly, "I'll always live for you I promise."

"CAN YOU TWO PLEASE STOP MAKING LOVE?" The knight interrupted, "All of you must make a choice!"

The group went silent.

"Oh well, if you can't make a choice, you will never gonna get across the river."

"I'm going," Xabi suddenly said, "I'm sacrificing."

"NO YOU ARE NOT!" Fernando shouted, "We all need you!"

"Look, I got a disabled arm which is infected, I can't survive for long with this when it is getting more serious." Xabi started, "Besides, I couldn't fight for Earth anymore with a disabled arm, though I know it's not impossible. If you choose would you choose one who is able-bodied or one who is disabled? As Iker had said, 'it's better to be sacrificed than to die for no reason'. So I guess I'm the one who should be sacrificing."

"But Xabi... I... It's all my fault..." Fernando sobbed in tears. He understood that, but Xabi was one of his best friend, he couldn't let him go so easily.

"I'm sorry, but I must do it. I wish you guys a safe journey. Remember me." Xabi also felt his eyes pricking his tears, "Save Earth, for me, for our family, for humanity, and for the world."
The Spaniards nodded, crying.

They finally let go.

They let go of him...

Tightening the grip of Blacktalon, the knight was sure about his wish, "You are very brave, my son. May God forgives all your sin and opens Heavenly gates for you."

The other Spaniards covered their eyes, not daring to take a look.
The knight stabbed the Blacktalon into Xabi's chest. A tormenting yell burst out behind the team, tears pouring down on every human's face.

Goodbye Xabi...

We will always remember you...

Blood drained down into the river, the water started to gleam. The seven colours of rainbow sparkled as the Rainbow Bridge emerged.

The Rainbow Bridge was unsealed, established between two riverbanks.

"You may pass now." The knight commanded.

The Spaniards walked over the bridge, knowing that they mustn't waste Xabi's sacrifice.

So they must save Earth...