Chapter 35: Solemn

Chapter 35

A/N: Can't believe that I finished this within two hours :D

[Day 8]

As the fog lifted, the Arcadia Palace emerged beyond the clouds. The Spaniards gazed with astonishment glimmering in their eyes, as if they had arrived at the entrance of heaven. Despite of settling above the clouds, it was firmly established. The walls of the palace were made of marble stone that glistened in bright white under the crimson sun. The peculiarly ornate towers were made of emerald that shone in a olive aura.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see this in my life," Andres was awed. His eyes couldn't tilt away from the emerald towers of the palace, "This is gorgeous."

"A palace from another planet," Gerard marvelled, "We could be the only humans who can see this magical scenery."

The gang turned to their golden container and shook it mildly, "We've arrived, so it's time for the Wise to go home."

"Congratulations," The Wise cheered, pulling himself out of the golden container. He was no longer attached to the pot, instead he was hovering over the clouds, "You've arrived to the Arcadia Palace."

"Do you really have to go?" Cesc whined, "You're such a friendly person. I'll miss you."

"I wish I could stay too, Cescky," The Wise embraced him like a father embracing his son, "Too bad the Sacred Mountain would be in a riot without me."

"Before you leave, we'd like to know more about our upcoming mission."

"Remember, 17% of the Axuko Crystal is embedded onto the key of the Box of Pandora," the Wise replied, recapping what he had said before, "Your mission is to take the key and know where the Box of Pandora is. It'll be difficult to bargain for the key and such information though."

"We'll definitely keep your words in mind," Iker nodded, "Thank you for guiding us these days."

"Good. Wish you guys the best luck! Use your weapons well. Save Earth, and become heroes again," With a last lingering look, the Wise faded like wind puffing away a gas of smoke, vanished completely into the thin, dry air.

It's time.

Led by the guards, the Spaniards marched into the royal palace with much pride when the soldiers greeted them as merchants. Each step closer to the throne room was a step closer to saving Earth. Yes, they are becoming heroes once again.

The interior of the palace was highly embellished as well. The ceiling was decorated with paintings of green men and unprecedented creatures. Sculptures of erratic designs were adjacent to both sides of the broad corridor.

"Welcome to the throne room, our honourable merchants," The guard smiled, before opening the heavy metal door of the room. The throne room of the Arcadia Palace was entirely different with the one in Axuko Spaceship. Aside from the ample space, unlike the colourful pillars in the spaceship, everything was green in colour, yet it was never dull. While things were made of emerald and jade, the room was covered with different shades of green, bringing out unique simplicity and tranquillity. On the throne far at the opposite wall, there sat a green figure with hip length white hair. He still showed masculinity, his long, thin hair notwithstanding. There was no crown nor coronet. In his grip was his scythe - Valkyrie.

"Welcome to Skye. Please call me Solemn," the green figure smiled casually, unexpectedly, "I heard that you are merchants. Is there anything you want to trade?"

"Yes, we want to show you this golden mantel light. It is found in Planet Ietania million years ago," Sergio was blowing smoke, "Legends say it was magical. It was so rare that archaeologists in Ietania was dying to find it."

Solemn was silent. And the silence struck Sergio like he had said something wrong.

"I want to know what your purpose is," Solemn broke the silence suddenly.

"Our purpose..." Sergio felt the boulder on his shoulder. He isn't supposed to know, right? He won't let such important key go for any cost.

"...is to trade for the key of Pandora," Fernando smiled at Sergio as his friend sighed in relief.

"The Key of Pandora? What a bold bargain," Solemn stood up and came down from the throne with despise, "No one ever dares to ask the Soul-eater for that."

Solemn the Soul-eater, that was what the Wise had mentioned before. Iker felt cold after he had realised they were in great danger.

"Please, Solemn. Our planet is invaded and everyone is dead. We need the Axuko Crystal to revive it," Andres begged, kneeling onto the floor, "Please do not fold your arms and watch us suffer our own."

"Suffer? There is no suffering at all. Everyone is dead anyway," Solemn replied. His heartless voice echoed between the walls of the chamber, "The weak are always the prey of the strong, so why do I have to meddle in the natural law?"

"Please! There are beautiful things that yet to be perceived, innocent lives that ought not to be ended and and billions of stories that long to be unfolded."

"Your planet is only a tiny grain of sand on a huge cosmic beach. Nothing had changed within the universe. No one is ever sad for it," Solemn continued. His tone was wise, "Supernova occur everyday. Are you ever sad if innocent lives are killed in a beautiful, inhabited planet? No, no one cares at all, because everything comes and goes, and all you can do is to go with the flow.

No one other than them is ever sad for Earth, Xavi was immediately heartbroken. It felt like knowing that no one had attended your funeral. However, he wanted to admit that Solemn was right. The universe still goes without Earth. It was only their own ambition to save their planet after all.

"You are wrong."

Solemn was shocked. In all of the sudden everyone turned to the one who spoke. It was Cesc. The playful kid that seemed to never grow up. However, in this moment, he was the only one who dared to stand up for them.

"It is our home. And if there is hope, no matter huge or little, we are willing to grasp it and pay for anything," Feeling the anger burning inside his gut, Cesc thundered, "It is not about the laws of nature, instead it is about the love for your own men. Love can break any laws. And if this happened to Claudon, I'm sure you'll do the same."

His words came from his true heart. Touched and impressed, quiet sobs and sniffs could be heard among the teammates. It is hope and love that brings them all the way here, and forever it will do.

"I'm very sorry for your planet," Even Solemn had softened his guard down, "But I have my own responsibility to protect the key of Pandora. I have owned the key for thousands of years, and it'll be extremely difficult for me to disburden this responsibility. The Axuko Crystal is powerful indeed, and I cannot let it fall into wrong hands."

"We swear we aren't going to let it fall into wrong hands," Gerard attested firmly, "We are going risk and sacrifice our lives to do so."

"Easier said than done," Solemn sighed, "But how do you prove it? Let's say, a battle between us all? If you guys win against me, I'll give you the key and all the information about the crystal I know."

The team nodded in agreement without any doubt. The path to the Axuko Crystal was more scabrous than imagined as a battle awaits, but while love and hope drove them here, they were invincible.

A/N: My heart still burns for Madrid :) But I love Spain NT more haha