Chapter 10: Lost in the Forest

Chapter 10

A/N: I received a message from Wattpad HQ about the Watty Prize 2014 yesterday. I was so thrilled! I appreciated a lot for the people who had supported this book. Thanks so much <3

[Day 1]

"Stay a night? That's mean it's campfire story time!" Cesc grinned, dancing around to collect some dry logs, "Lit these up and let's settle around the fire! It's getting colder at night anyway."

"Well, I must admit that Cesc is probably right," Xabi sat down, watching Gerard setting up the campfire, "My legs are as sore as finishing a two-hour football match."

"Besides, I doubt that any of us can fall asleep successfully in such a unfamiliar, unsecured place," Fernando stated with a shrug, "We can sit around and have a nice chat. Although there's no point for him to harm us again, King Skull is still an untrustworthy person. We have to stay very cautious, at least for tonight."

"Fernando's right," Andres agreed, "Gosh, I feel like I'm spending the last days in my life. It's great that we are together, but without my own family feels like missing something."

"Oh Andres, please don't start us on this," Xavi sighed, "As King Skull has said, once we find the Axuko Crystal to activate the time machine, everything will be restored without the invasion happening. There is still hope that humanity and precious lives can last. Right now, whether our world is coming back to life or not, it depends on our hands."

On the contrary, those who resent the world will continue to suffer, and we have no rights to decide everyone's life and death. Fiddling with his fingers, Iker kept his thoughts to himself.

"That's too big for us to bear the responsibility. However, there's no way we refuse to do it," Silva grumbled, replying to Xavi, "It sounds like we are becoming superheroes or something, but in reality we are not. This is going to be stressful."

"Done," Gerard smiled with joy as the fire crackled within the centre of the group, with its glowing ember dancing across the shadows of the trees. It became vivid while the wood burnt more vigorously, sparkling out light and warmth to the dark, frigid air.

"Great, there's finally enough light for me to read alone and escape from this irritating, crystal finding situation," Iker grinned jokingly as he took out two books from his backpack, The Theory of Relativity and The Great Gatsby.

"Oh my goodness, please don't tell me you were carrying these all the time instead of my Brazilian souvenirs!" Sergio was left in dilemma on whether he should laugh or be angry at his friend. Along with his superb memory, he could have been a well-known scientist or a philosopher if it wasn't for goalkeeping.

"Don't spoil others' laughter, I'm just kidding. Of course I'd love to hear you guys talking."

"Should we get something to eat too? Not sure if Goter prepared some goodies like mushrooms for us to roast inside our survival backpack," Thinking of mushrooms, Xavi couldn't help licking his lips.

"Five boxes of Oreo for each of us, with six packs each box, and three in each pack?" Looking at everyone's bag, Cesc was totally astonished, "Are you kidding me?"

"There's even a note!" Silva read, "'From your comments on my spaceship, I acknowledged that there is a popular kind of cookie snack called Oreo as well. I realised that it'd be great as a ration so here are your handmade Oreos, ninety for each of you in this journey to find the Wise. I'm sure that they taste the same as the ones on Earth. So please enjoy! - Goter."