Chapter 15: Live Together, Die Together

Chapter 15

"Being friends is like being soldiers in the army. You live together, you fight together; you die together."--Ron Hall

[Day 2]

Normal P.O.V.

"We're almost there." said Xabi, running towards their camp with the potion. They were going to cure their teammates.

Everyone will be fine. Find the Sacred Mountain. Get the crystal. Save Earth. Reunite with family. All things will be fine, and simple.

They were on the half of their way. There was a smell of metal. "I can smell blood!" Gerard exclaimed, "Guys, something happened!"

The five Spaniards started rushing.

"We must hurry, before it's too late!" Fernando yelled, clutching the jar lid before the potion spill out.

Rushing between enormous trunks, they had to be careful from the horn-shaped roots, while the smell of metal was getting stronger and stronger.

Something had happened. And it was totally not fine. It was something unexpected.

The air was tense. Strong wind blew harshly towards trees, as the leaves started to weep, like a glass shattering into pieces.

Their footsteps stopped. They arrived. And the sky was torn apart.

Red.

Red.

And red.

Silva and Villa were lying on the blood-soaked, dark, monotonous soil. It was too late...

It was too late.

"The red jar! Give me the red jar!" Cesc ordered worriedly. "We still have time to save them!"

Cesc rubbed the cream onto Villa's swollen wound on the neck, Gerard helped too. It was clear that he was bitten by a poisonous snake.

"A snake monster...attacked me..." Villa stuttered, he was losing up blood. "She...she is poisonous..."

"We can still cure you! You're not going to die!" Gerard blinked back tears. "The Spanish National Football Team will stay together forever!"

At the same time, Iker, Fernando and Xabi was helping Silva and Andres. "Take one sip only." The captain said as he poured the potion into Andres' mouth, "You can do it."

Andres took a deep breath and carefully swallowed the potion. He wanted to live, of course. He wanted to save Earth and live happily forever after.

But only God can control your fate.

And the decision of lives land in His hands.

Silva was half conscious. Fernando tried to pour the potion into his mouth, but he couldn't swallow it, causing the liquid to flow out.

"Come on Chino!" Xabi said nervously, "Drink it!"

Just then, Xavi and Sergio came over to help.

"Holy... Villa and Silva!" Sergio screamed, willing to get off Xavi's back.

"Villa is bitten by the snake monster!" Xavi shrieked. "The snake monster who suddenly appeared from the bushes!"

"Tell us later." Cesc told him. "We have to save our friends' lives first!"

"Guys... Please remember that even anyone of us left he world," Villa mumbled weakly, "he will still be in our hearts..."

"We're NOT letting you to leave like this..." Iker took hold of Villa's wrist, as the others started to burst into tears. He felt that Villa's heartbeat was getting slower due to the venom. The cream inside the red jar didn't help much for poison.

"Fernando?" Silva could barely blink open his eyes, he was paler than ever before. "What if I become a zombie? I don't want to harm anyone..."

Fernando swallowed his lump in his throat while he picked Silva up and placed him next together. He shook his head wildly, telling his teammate not to think of negative thoughts.

They were losing two people.

Their two teammates.

Their two friends.

And at the same time.

Andres was getting better. They didn't want to lose the third one.

"I rather die..." Silva let out a strangled cry, "than to harm my friends..."

Villa turned his head towards Silva, eyes welling with tears, "We live together, and we die together. We shall meet at a place where there are no worries, with our hands holding each other's." He hold onto Silva's numb hand, and kissed his dry lips.

The kiss was full of emotions, full of angst, full of warmth, full of friendship, and full of pain. It was not hot however, and it was not passionate. But it could still silently plant deep inside the heart.

Silva pulled back the kiss from his best friend.

Tightening their grip of the each other's hand, they took their last deep breath.

And closed their eyelids together...

"True friends stay forever, even beyond deaths..."