Chapter 3: Captured

Chapter 3

"Nene!" Iker whispered as he pulled Sergio aside to a dark corner, "Are you insane? You're standing in this open area. Everyone can see where you are!"

"The pilot just died in front of me!" Sergio shrieked, "What do you expect me to do? Run away like I had seen nothing?"

"Stop yelling, Sese," Iker grunted as he turned around, finding that there were a few Axuklians attempted to look for them, "Oh gosh, they heard us! Move!"

"So you're saying that I'm responsible for attracting those putas?" Sticking up his brows, Sergio taunted, "Once I hear you scream inside this damn spaceship, you will be dead."

"Shut that cursing mouth up, run before they see us!" Iker pushed Sergio to move forward, "Get inside that red building."

The defender shifted his head towards the building glowing in red. There was no point of going inside since there was no hint of what they could encounter in the building. The danger was unpredictable. Just as Sergio wanted to protest, he realised it would be worse if they remained on an open area such as the panel. He glared at the captain with irritated eyes, but still he knew that he would obey. Iker was always right; He was always the one who has right decisions, and he was always the one who could lead well.

Usually, Sergio was the speedy one. However, due to the heavy luggage he dragged along the trail, he couldn't run any quicker. If it wasn't Iker pushing him behind, they would have been discovered.

Sergio slumped with his arm against the door, but the door just wouldn't budge. In fact, an army of unknown creatures was distracted by the noise uttered by the collision.

"This door is freaking locked!" Sergio barked, punching Iker on the shoulder, "Now those putas are coming to get us. What a great idea, Capi."

"Dodge!" Iker yanked Sergio down onto the floor as a blast of laser stroke at the door. But the laserproof door hadn't been damaged. In fact, the door took a slight budge.

"The next blast is getting ready! Run!"

"No," Iker protested, "We wait for the next blast. The door is opening."

The next blast of laser stroke again as they ducked. The door somewhat moved a little just as they attempted to slid into the gap.

"Get inside! Quick!" Iker tugged both Sergio and his luggage in while another blast clashed against the door. The door slammed back close again.

"That's a close one," Sergio sighed, "Now what?"

Iker shrugged as he wandered around the lobby. Stairs leading up to the second floor extended from both sides behind each two pillars while large square tiles lay above the floor.

"Stay alert. I hear footsteps."

"They're mine, aren't they?" Sergio asked with eyes filled with confusion.

"They're not yours, nor mine," Iker tightened his grip on his iron rod, "They're coming from upstairs."

"But I can't even hear a thin..."

"Someone's coming."

"Thank God you guys found me!" A familiar figure appeared abruptly, coming down from the stairs. Completely paralyzed, the blood drained from Sergio's face, as Iker became paler than he ever did before.

"Hey, so is outside safe? Any survivors, except me?" Xabi approached, asking them right in front of their cold faces.

"Woah, you almost scared the crap out of me, Xab," Sergio joked in relief, "I thought you're one of those putas outside!"