Chapter 31: Another Way

Chapter 31

A/N: The moment when Sergio said that he and Iker have unique relationship #Seriker (Nando sobbing in the background) Anyway, I love angst! This will not be a funny chapter :-( Kinda boring perhaps...

"It has been ages, we should check out on them," Sergio sighed, "What if they are taking away my girl secretly without my notice?"

"Xavi?" Iker screamed at the cave, "Xavi, are you there?"

"Oh gosh, there was no response!" Sergio panicked, "He must be doing something with my girl with his mushroom polluted hands!"

"Be respectful, Nene," Iker warned, "Nando, why don't you check whether they're inside."

Fernando went into the dark cave, after a while he got out, frowning, "There's no one inside. I do find a crawl space inside the cave, but in the end of the passage way there was a locked door. I'm sure it was locked since the handle won't budge."

"They must be inside then," Iker concluded, "Can you hear any voices from inside?"

"No, I can't hear anything except my own breaths," Fernando shook his head, "I found this paper though."

Iker was handed the folded paper. He opened it, finding that it was written with weird languages he didn't recognise, "These are words from another planet. We need the Wise to understand what it is saying. Sergio, where's the Wise?"

"I gave it to Gerard."

"I'll ask other Claudonese whether they know this language then," Iker rushed off with the paper. After a few minutes, he came back, terrified, "Guys, these are Axukish! They must have been kidnapped by Axuklians!"

"But that isn't possible!" Fernando frowned, "They got the protection badge and it would shield us!"

"Who knows if they hired some other aliens from another planet to kill them off? They can still harm without touching us!"

"Calm down, Capi, calm down," Fernando reassured.

"Puta madre!" The captain shrieked, "My job is to protect every single teammate from danger and now, everything is totally screwed up. I shouldn't really allow them to play football here, nor letting the ball in, should I?"

"There must be a way. Calm down if you want an idea," Sergio pulled Iker into his embrace, as the goalkeeper buried his head into his shoulder.

"You know, Iker, caves usually have more than an exit," Fernando grinned, "Perhaps there is another exit of the cave next to the cliff side."

"Good idea, Nando!" Sergio giggled, dragging Fernando and Iker along, "Let's go find it."

The cliff was somewhat rangy, where shallow water was underneath the mist below their feet, with the symphony of waves crashing against the shore. Along the cliff side led a narrow, grassy road to the back of the hill, between the rim of the cliff and the plateau where the cave situates.

"I am your scapegoat, am I? I bear your own burden when you are gone," Iker halted as he glanced beneath the cliff with vacant eyes. The voice echoing in his ears was more than familiar, close yet distinct, from somewhere deeper than his bleak mind could reach. His eyes glued at the mist below his feet, with the reflection of the crimson Claudon Sun. And somehow, he felt he was going to break apart.

Taking a step back from the edge, his frigid hands tended to slid off from Sergio's warm grasp, but eventually failed at the time when Sergio pulled him over.

"You like the sea too, don't you? I saw you staring at the sea. I never thought that Claudon has seas," Sergio's smile blossomed among his cheeks, as if the sheenful aurora glazed within the Iberian Sun, "Once when I was taking care my horses, my brother, Rene, told me that there wasn't clouds if there wasn't water; there wasn't care if there wasn't love. Good quote, isn't it? And it's related to here in this planet! Perhaps that's why I love horses."