Chapter 9: Ietania

Chapter 9

A/N: I've fixed the picssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

[Day 1]

Oreo blasted off, at a speed of a million light years. After a few hours later, they arrived Ietania.

Ietania was a green planet which was covered with strange plants, huge forests and tall mountains. Threads of rivers coming from the mountains nourished the lands alongside.

"The Sacred Mountain is too steep to land on it." The alien pilot, Goter sadly announced. "We'll have to land on the grassland next to the nearest the forest."

The spaceship landed on the grassland safely with a few small bumps.

"Your bags are packed with useful survival tools," Goter reminded, "Large sized knives like machetes and a decent amount of food are included."

"If you want to go to the Sacred Mountain, you must pass through the forest," Goter added with overt kindness, "I promise I'll wait you guys here."

"Thank you," The Spaniards expressed their gratitudes as they disembarked.

"I can see the mountain already," Andres pointed at the front with his eyes on a black mountain. It was no ordinary mountain, as if it was a huge piece of spiky burning charcoal surrounded with white smoke, "We just have to go straight. I think it shouldn't be long to get there."

"It looks more like the 'Devil Mountain'." Cesc joked, "Anyway, let's go."

After a seven-hour walk, they were still trapped inside the maze of trees, finding their way to the Scared Mountain. They began to hesitate as the tall, tropical trees blocked their view of the mountain, in addition, the night of Ietania began to fall.

Gerard broke the silence while started complaining about the horn-shaped roots sticking out all over the soil, while Iker and Xavi were marking the tree trunks with their knives, in case they would get lost.

"When will we get to that mountain?" moaned Villa, rolling his eyes. "We are like walking for ages but there's still a long way to get there."

"It is in the evening already and we are all exhausted," Sergio complained, without noticing the ground, "Why don't we all take a rest? This forest seems to be quiet instead of cramped with dangerous, noisy creatures."

"We are on an alien planet, a place we aren't familiar with, so who knows? All forests have creatures, at least on Earth." Xabi replied just when Sergio was tripped by a root of a tree.

"Joder!" Sergio screamed as he landed on the ground with his wrong leg, "Ow... I think...I've twisted my leg... my right leg..."

"Oh dear..." Silva covered his mouth in shock. "Another injured teammate."

"Are you ok?" Fernando asked in concern, trying to help Sergio up, "Can you still walk?"

Sergio tried with the support of Fernando and his good leg. However, a bolt of pain stroke his ankle as he tried to land his right foot on the ground.

"I can't walk... I can't walk!" Sergio croaked while his eyes welled with tears. "Help me..."

"I'll carry you on my back." Iker sighed, lifting Sergio up to his broad shoulders, "Stay on my back, don't move."

"Looks like daddy has to take care of the kid," Gerard joked, "Be a good kid."

"Not funny at all, Pique," Sergio glared.

"When will we make it?" groaned Xavi, changing the topic, "I think we were walking to the wrong path."

"But we are going straight already!" Andres told him, "This is a straight route to the mountain. There's no way we had walked into the wrong way without any turns."

"We should be there in a minute or two," Cesc encouraged, "So just keep on walking."

"I think it's better to lit up a fire and locate our place first. The trees are blocking our sight and it's nighttime already," Xavi suggested back. "Can anyone make a fire? Or maybe lit up some torches?"

"We'll do it," Gerard replied as he pointed at Cesc and himself. "We'll make some torches. Villa, would you like to climb up a tree with the torch to see where's the mountain?"

"Haha sure, you've asked the right person. Not many people know that I'm actually an expert tree climber," Villa agreed, "There was an orchid next to my house in my childhood days that I loved to climb every day."

After making the fire with the wooden sticks, Gerard handed the torch to Villa. Despite carrying the torch at the same time, it only seems to take Villa effortless moves to climb up to the top of a tropical tree. However, he still couldn't see the Sacred Mountain, even he was grabbing his torch, it was too dark.

"Can't see things far away..." He told his teammates up from the tree.

"Why don't we call King Skull for help?" Gerard said, holding an alien-styled handheld transceiver.

"Why don't you suggest that before?" Villa rolled his eyes as he slid down gradually from the tree.

"Sorry I forgot." Gerard replied playfully, sticking out his tongue. Then he dialled to King Skull's device.

"Hello Gerard. This is King Skull."

"King Skull? We need help. We're lost in a forest near the Sacred Mountain in Ietania."

"A forest near the Sacred Mountain?" Skull wondered. "Oh...you mean the Magic Forest of Sprits?"

"I don't care if it's the what-Disney-magic-pixie-forest or not!" Gerard growled, "I just need to know how can we get out of here!"

"Shout at the hole of the horn roots to wake the sprits up." King Skull instructed, "But only at daytime, since no one will answer at nighttime."

"Only at daytime? Why not now?"

"They need to sleep, like you guys."

"Of course we can't sleep at this moment. Can't you imagine how insecure we are?"

"It's 100% safe, believe me."

Gerard couldn't refuse to trust his last hope.

"Well, fine. We'll wake them up next morning..."

Gerard hung up with a disappointed expression. But he would never knew the sinister snicker that King Skull let out behind.

"Those humans are truly the puppets in our claws..."