Chapter 5: Who is THAT!?

Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my loyal reader Jade <3

"Hey, it's me, Sara. I know it is troubling you since Unai passed away. And every moment since then, I've wished that you could allow me to talk with you. A couple should bear with each other's distress. But even if you're beside me, I feel that you and I are distinct. I can't reach the inside of you, not anymore. I feel that... I'm a burden to you, to do nothing but watch you suffer your own. I can't do this anymore. How many times I pleaded you to talk to me, to change our relationship, to show me the real side of you, to give me a last chance. And I'm sorry, I don't think I am the one who can understand you, that you and I can be together, hand in hand until death. I'm in pain as well, Iker, for two years. Just to say that I'm not the best person you can find to bear your life, so let's just call this an end. I am truly sorry."

Sara was a nice, fine woman. She was beautiful on the outside but was more beautiful in her soul, and that was what Iker appreciate the most. However, those happy years with Sara gradually faded out like smoke, and when finally only scars were left behind, nothing could mend their wounds back again. It was all his fault. All his fault. All his fault, and he knew he never deserved her.

He didn't deserve anything anyway.

"Unai's dead," He remembered when he told her with a blank face, "He jumped, right in front of me, from my parents' house. I didn't stop him. The doctor said he passed away right after his head hit the floor."

"I'm sorry to hear th..."

"It's okay," Iker shrugged as he pulled up the bed sheets next to Sara, "There's nothing to feel sorry about."

"Iker, he's your brother," Sara frowned, "Aren't you even sad? Your expression doesn't tell me so."

Iker pretended that he did not listen.

"Is this heaven? Are we dead? I never thought heaven would look so small. And can you please freaking shut up?" Sergio's voice suddenly rang from nowhere. Iker felt his torso was cringing, before strong light pierced into his retina like merciless blades.

Repetitive flashbacks, he thought, as Sergio pulled him up from the corner of the room, "I beg you to control your mouth not to yell in the middle of the night. I still remember what I've said on the panel, that you'll be dead if you ever scream."

"Sorry, bad dream," Iker simply replied.

"I'll sleep on top of you tomorrow just to keep your mouth covered, then you'll have the sweetest dreams," Sergio smirked, "Nando isn't here anyway."

Forcing out a laugh, Iker muttered a quiet "thank you", until he was interrupted by Xabi's voice.

"We're still inside this f***ing spaceship! And my back hurts," Xabi spat, "Can't we just throw away these annoying obstacles inside this secret storage room so that we won't have to curl up to sleep?"

"It wouldn't be a storage room if it hadn't stored things," Sergio joked, "So now we have been here and even slept for quite a long time I guess. My belly tells me so. Any ideas for breakfast? The aliens should be gone for now. We should go search for the others afterwards."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Oh great, food delivery," Sergio grinned, intending to open the door.

"Are you crazy? It must be the aliens!" Xabi whispered, "Hide!"

"We've been spotted!" Sergio immediately turned alarmed, pointing at Iker, "It must be you who has screamed too loudly!"

"Shut up and don't argue!" Xabi shushed, "We're going to die if the aliens are behind the door!"

The door knocked again and everyone was tensed. Their hearts were merciless, thumping every fierce beat as if they were prisoners of their ribcages. Sergio tightened his grip when a drop of cold sweat ran through his spine, please, please don't be those putas I beg you... They picked up their metal sticks, just to defend theirselves in case an Axuklian turned up, however, the knocking did not tend to cease.

"Now this is getting me annoyed," Xabi ranted, "Who's going to open the door? Not me."

"Me neither," Sergio flinched.

"Fine," Iker sighed in a reluctant tone, "I'll go."

Moving some obstacles away from the door, he approached at the door and grabbed the knob. This is it. This is where your life will end, his mind told him in a fearless voice, but his trembling hands were never to listen.

"Capi, can you please do this faster?" Xabi moaned, "No one can stand slow torturing here except you."

"Okay, okay. Here we go," Iker swung the door open at once. Strong light from the corridor squeezed into the mildly bright room as a shadowed figure was seen standing between the doorway.

"Kill him!" Sergio and Xabi screamed. Iker was eager to stab his weapon into the figure's chest, but he hesitated before he fell onto the floor instead.

"Ugh, why can't you do at least a thing..." Sergio complained.

"Chill, guys," The figure spoke, "It's just me. Fernando Torres."

The lights dimmed as the three Spaniards blinked and took a closer look to the figure. He can't  be joking, right? Otherwise, where had he been last night? It was Fernando, apparently, but still they weren't going to lower their cautiousness as there was a possibility that he was a devil in disguise.

"You really shouldn't come alone, Nando. Prove that you're not one of those creatures?" Xabi asked.

"Come on, you're not blind," Fernando frowned, "I don't look monstrous, don't I?"

"You're right. You're as hot as usual," Sergio commented, "He got the same freckles too. So it should be him."

"Does this count as a compliment..." Fernando murmured with his hands running through his blond hair.

"Sorry for what we have done just then. Where have you been yesterday?" Getting up from the floor, Iker led Fernando into the room and asked with his seemingly worried brown eyes, "I thought you were with Vicente."

"That's what I'm going to rant about," Fernando sighed, "Do you know that I was hiding under the cockpit the whole night? The creatures who chased us were gone when I got hungry, so I went out. I went inside the plane and saw Vicente and the coaching staff. They gave me plenty of food and water and he refused to go out because he believes that the rescue team is going to find them soon anyway. As I intended to find you guys,  I left him and tried to find a safer place with companions to stay. Then I found this small storage room and I heard human talking and yelling inside. So I knocked the door to get in. And then you just came out insane like you wanted to kill me."

"Oh yeah...we thought it was those putas," Sergio apologised as he embraced Fernando tight like he was going to slip away if he didn't, "But thank God you're safe! I miss you..."

"Apology accepted," Fernando grinned, "Actually I'm not even angry at any of you."

"So it's four of us now, waiting for the rescue team Vicente mentioned," Xabi groaned, "Should we leave the room to the cockpit? You can't tell how dangerous outside is anyway."

"If there's a rescue team coming to us, they will find us here," Sergio shrugged, "But does this ever end?"

Everything has an ending. But they still had a long way to go.

A/N: Sorry for the sudden ending...