Chapter 34: Stairs to Arcadia, Stairs to Her Heart

Chapter 34

A/N: Sorry I know it has been almost two years since I haven't really written a new chapter... But hey I'm back :) Well at least for this August.

[Day 8]

"Believe me or not, legends have it told. Every ship sails into that area vanishes to nowhere. Every man steps a foot into that place disappears to nothing. And I am one of them."

"It was a dark, misty night. Your mother came to see me in the cabin, carrying a newborn baby with a delightful face, until the ship started to shake violently."

"'Alas, the Arcadia is trapped inside the Bermuda Triangle!' Your father shrieked, 'Crew, abandon ship! Take the emergency raft and head back!'"

"'What about you?' Your mother took his hand and grasped it tight, as if he would leave for the next second. At that moment, the ship started to disintegrate. Everything in her world was breaking into pieces."

"'I am the captain of the Arcadia. I've chosen this route, so it is my responsibility to die with the ship. I'm sorry,' His replied, face darkened with sadness while caressing her cheeks, 'Please take care of your mother and our baby. I love you.'"

"'No...' We were taken to the raft by his remaining crew. Your mother was in tears. But soon the rope was cut, the raft was released and the crew started to row the boat for their lives. We sat at the back of the raft, while in behind the Arcadia descended into the deepest seas."

"'Thank you for being born. You are my last hope,' he said, smiling at you, before he drowned into brutality without a sound."

"However, the sea had its own will and we were not easily spared at all. Giant waves crashed against the raft, before they toppled us all over. The ocean was cold, but not as cold as your desperate cries. I was holding you tight, rolling and struggling among the merciless waves. Your mother was nowhere to be found. Soon everything went black."

"I was woken up because of your crying. No one onboard except you was seen. The first things that came to my sight were clouds and skyscrapers. People there looked much like us, despite their green skin tone. They called this place Skye, a major city in planet Claudon. I wondered if it was heaven, or another dimension. All I knew was that the Bermuda Triangle had transferred us to a new land we had never known."

---

Next to the cave at their first place, there lay the stairs to beyond the farther clouds, where two soldiers were in garrison at the entry of the staircase.

"These are the stairs to the Arcadia Palace," the Wise introduced, pointing at the front, "As I have said before, 10% of Axuko Crystal is embedded to the key, owned by Solemn, of the box of Pandora."

"It'll be easy," Cesc triumphed, "It seems to only have a few steps to the clouds."

"Actually there are a two tho..." The Wise intended to explain, until he was interrupted by Gerard.

"So why hesitate? Let's go!"

Armed with spears, the two soldiers halted the entering of the Spaniards.

"What is your purpose?" One of the soldiers asked, "We aren't letting threats entering the Arcadia Palace."

"We are going to visit solemn and take away his key of Pandora," Sergio grinned.

"Pardon me?" Both of the soldiers were awed. Taking away the key of Pandora from Solemn was even worse than bombing the whole castle over. Besides, they had never heard that someone could have the guts to do this.