Part 7

"Sorry about the donations at the beginning," George apologized, turning his face cam on in the discord call, Sapnap following along.

"It's fine really, what'd we expect from the fans anyway? Normal shit to be brought up," Dream laughed.

"I saw it coming, just not so early," Sapnap confessed.

"Me too, I messaged my mods making sure to cancel the donations and delete any chats about it," George explained.

"It's no big deal. Neither of us would have said anything anyway," Sapnap leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms.

"I still feel bad, you both got uncomfortable," George really did feel bad, but mainly for a reason that the fans were right, and he just couldn't say anything.

"It's fine, really," Dream smiled into the camera. George didn't miss the sprinkle of blush that appeared on Sap's cheeks when Dream smiled.

"I'm just upset that Dreamy is hiding a secret from me," Sapnap pretended to pout, trying to sound mad. If he was hiding something, then he had to have a reason.

"You can't say anything, Nick. George said you're keeping something from me as well so," Dream clapped back, shrugging his shoulders.

"It's not that big of a deal, though," Sapnap rebounded.

"If it's not, just tell him," George smiled innocently.

"You know I can't do that," Sapnap sighed, knowing it was a huge deal.

"Then it is a big deal. I promise you that Dream is in the exact same position. You both want to tell each other, just don't know how," George explained, hoping that the other would figure out what he was saying.

"I don't think it's close to how fucked up mine is," Dream admitted.

"It's not fucked up, Dream. It's life, you can't control it," George sympathized, hoping it'd make the blonde feel better.

"I know, I just feel horrible for not telling him," Dream seemed to have forgotten Sapnap was in the same room as him.

"Trust me dude, I hate not telling you either. 'M just scared," Sapnap sunk in his seat, like he was trying to hide from the world.

"You have nothing to be scared of. Neither do you, Dream. I'll be there soon to help both of you out, aright?" George smiled, and changed the subject to something more happy and upbeat, hoping to get the pair out of the slump they have fallen into.

***

George's flight was landing at 7pm. It was 6:30 and the two were stuck in traffic. Houston traffic was always horrible, and with the freeway being closed due to a massive car wreck didn't make it any better. They left at 5, hoping that they'd have enough time to get through the detour to get to the airport on time, but they were still 45 minutes away.

"I'm going to feel like shit if we're late," Sapnap groaned, hitting his head on his steering wheel a few times.

"He'll understand. Do you know any backroads?" Dream asked, and he got his answer when Sapnap's head perked up and he got into the right lane to exit.

"You, Clay, are a genius," Sapnap turned and smiled at him as he drove down the off ramp, taking a right and going down the road. "We'll be later, like not too bad, but still text George for safe measures."

"Already on it," Dream smiled, opening his messages and texting George saying they'll be late. Like really late. "Ok, I said that there was a wreck so we'll be late but he can hang out inside and we'll find him at baggage claim."