Part 28

A/N: GUYS! I made a twitter account:) if you or anyone you know has/had made any fanart for this fic or want me to write a chapter based on a fan art, tag me in it! My handle is @Moonlight__1119 there are two underscores btw:) Look forward to being able to interact with you guys and give sneak peeks to chapter;) Also- thank you for 19k<3

CW: homophobia... this is going to make a bunch of people mad, including myself who threw a pillow across the room while writing this chapter :)

"We told you not to tell her!" Nick's mom was saying over the phone. 

"I didn't even tell her, mom! She just asked if I was, and I quote, one of 'them' and I just asked why that would be bad," Sapnap responded. "I don't see the big deal."

"The big deal is that she's threatening to take everyone back home," Aubrey sighed. "She thinks your going to encourage Natalia."

"I have and I'm going to keep doing so. There's nothing wrong with it, mom," Sapnap responded. 

"I know that, honey. But your aunt doesn't see it like that," she continued. "Just, try not to bring it up and don't talk to her too much at dinner tonight, ok?"

"Well, that's going to be a bit hard," Sapnap chuckled. 

"Why? What happened?" she asked, confused on what he was getting at.

"You uh, remember Clay? The blonde one who was here when you came by a few months ago," Sapnap let the sentence draw out. 

"Yes, now what does he have to do with this?" 

"Well, he's kinda my boyfriend and kinda back in Texas like right now," Sapnap closed in on himself, hoping his mom won't be upset with him.

"Ok, that's fine congrats, but can't you just say he's s friend or something?" she asked, not wanting Judy to blow up anymore than she has. 

"That may be a little hard," Sapnap laughed this time, remembering what his neck looked like when he went to the bathroom this morning. 

"Nick," she sighed. "Can you hide them? Wear a big hoodie or something?"

"I can try, but she'll know right away. I'm sorry," he felt bad. Aubrey had always had a hard time with Judy, and this is just going to add to the ongoing debate they always had. 

"No it's ok. Can I talk to Clay for a minute? If that's ok," she asked. 

"Yeah, one second," Sapnap walked into the living room where Dream was on the couch, flipping through TV channels trying to find something to settle on. He held the phone out to the blonde, "it's for you, my mom."

"Hello?" Dream asked, putting the phone to his ear. 

"Hi there, Clay right?" she asked. 

"Yes ma'am," Dream responded. "How are you today?"

"It's going to be a long day, I can already tell," she tied to hide her mood with a laugh. "I just wanted to talk to you for a minute, I can tell Nick has already talked to you about the situation and I want to make sure you're ok with it as well."

"I mean, it won't be the first time I've encountered someone who is like this. I know how to deal with it and I can help Nick as well, I just don't want to overstep," Dream explained. 

"Oh no, you're welcome over no matter what. I know we got off on the wrong foot last time and I want to make it up to you. PLease come to dinner, I know Natalia would appreciate it and Judy and Henry can suck it up," Aubrey explained. 

"It's ok Mrs. Armstrong, really. I know my mom would be upset if I haven't visited in a while and didn't tell her I had company," Dream looked over at Sapnap and laughed a little.