Part 20

CW: very bad panic attack in this chapter. 

The rest of the night, everyone was in their rooms. Kat did come in and apologize for bringing up Khai, the thought slipped her mind until she saw the outcome. But other than that, it was a good night. 

Kat had to go home the next day, to get the house ready for Grandma Beth's arrival. And because her mom had missed her for not being home in a few days. The siblings explained they just missed each other a lot more than they thought and needed a few days to themselves. 

The day of Beth's arrival, everyone was forced to be at the Obey household all day. Over 10 hours was spent in the house listening to the same stories that the old woman talked about each time she came. Nick found it amusing, never heard the stories before, but everyone else was tired of the stories by now. 

The same thing happened for the whole 10 days Grandma Beth was in town. Everyone forced over to the family home, sometimes they'd go out for lunch or dinner, but the last day, Kat, Clay, and Nick refused to go. 

"Ma, you don't understand I can't take it anymore. If I'm in the same room as her for even 5 seconds, my head is going to explode," Clay spoke into the phone. 

"Clay, today is her last day, just please can you guys?" Stacy pleaded. 

"Mom, I love you but I don't think we can. Kat got really sick and it's contagious and we don't want her to get it," Clay bantered with his mom for another 20 minutes until she finally decided that they could stay home for today. 

"Ok, she finally agreed," Clay sighed, placing his phone face down onto the couch. 

"Thank god, I don't know if I would have been sane after spending one more day with her," Kat was glad to be able to relax for a day. "Do you think we could go do something?"

"I mean I don't see why not. What do you have in mind?" Dream asked. 

"We can go to the mall. I need some new clothes," Sapnap suggested. 

"Yeah, I need to get ready and then we can go," Dream got off the couch and into his room, changing into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt because today it was in the upper 90's. Sapnap did as well, and so did Kat. They all piled into the car and drove to the Premium Outlets. 

"Let me have Aux, I have a new band I'm obsessed with," Kat reached to the front seats, looking for the AUX cord. 

"Don't play stupid shit," Sapnap warned. 

"I won't. This band is really good," Kat started playing the song 'Prey' by The Neighbourhood. 

"You're just now finding out about them? Kat, I've listened to Jesse's music for so long. Even his solo career before he joined the band," Dream rolled his eyes at his sister. 

"Not my fault. I'm only 15, not 21," she rolled her eyes back at him. 

"Oh whatever," Sapnap remarked. The rest of the drive was jamming out to all of their music, mainly the 'Wiped Out' an 'I Love You' album, Kat's favorites so far. 

"What store first?" Dream asked as the three entered the mall doors. 

"Can I go off on my own. I want to get stuff that you will get pissy about," Kat giggled when her brother's eyes practically popped out of his head. 

"I don't need anymore reasoning. Text me when your done or need anything, ok? You have your card?" Dream asked. 

"Yessir," Kat started walking off in the direction of Pink, assuming she needed more undergarments that her brother wanted nothing to do with.