Part 26

A/N: Thank you for 16K! I have a feeling this will get to 18k by the end of the day... yes... this chapter doesn't have them reading fan fictions in it.. I'm sorry, BUT this chapter is better i promise. it's also very poorly written, i apologize, but i hope you all enjoy it. Also- slight homophobia. 

July 15. Houston, TX.

"Nick! Can you come help me with something?" Judy asked, yelling for absolutely no reason thinking that he was only 10 feet away from her.

"Yeah, of course. What's up?" he asked his aunt.

"Can you drive me to the store? I want to surprise your dad with his favorite meal from when he was a kid," she smiled at the boy.

"Yeah, let me go get my keys," he went into the living room and got his keys off the coffee table, and then the two of them walked out to his car. Almost immediately, she started talking again, this time about something he didn't want to hear.

"Do you want to know about something your Uncle Henry found out?" she asked. It was a rhetorical question, even if he said no she was going to tell him.

"What happened?"

"He got a call one day. Natalia was kissing a girl back home. One of her friends. Could you believe that? Who would do that?" she was ranting about her own daughter to her nephew. "I mean, would you ever kiss a boy? That's disgusting. I mean, if it makes her happy but why would someone want to do that?"

"You know, people don't choose if they like the same gender or not. It's just something that comes naturally. Deep down they've known it their whole life but was scared to let it surface," he explained, not wanting this to be the time he told her about Clay.

"It's just, why would someone go against God like that? He made woman for men to love, not to love other woman. And same go for men, they aren't supposed to love other men that way," she scoffed.

"If God didn't want that, why'd he make her like that, then? If you're going by the bible, it says that he makes everyone. Why would he make someone like the people they do if he was against it and wanted other people to be against it?" Sapnap saw the shocked expression on his aunts face when she said that.

"Are you really saying that God wanted her to be like that? Why would you say something like that, Nicholas?" she was disgusted.

"Because it's the truth," he simply replied. "You know, I didn't want you to find out this way, but I-"

"Are you one of them?" she asked, placing a hand over her heart.

"What do you mean by 'one of them'?" he asked, knowing exactly she was talking about.

"Do you like men? Have you kissed a man besides your father?" she looked terrified, like she had just been stabbed in the back.

"So what if I have? Does that make you look at me any different? The fact that I'm happy makes you despise me?" he smirked, knowing exactly what was going to happen.

"Turn around. Take me back, now," she was gasping for air. "Nick, now!"

He listened, turning the car around at the next light, and brought her back to his parents house. She got out of his car, slamming the door, and then stomped into the house.

"What's going on? Are you ok?" Oscar, her youngest son, asked his mother.

"No, Oscar. He is one of them," she grabbed his arm and dragged him into the guest room. Natalia walked out of Max's room, a confused look on her face.

"Nick, what happened? Is mama ok?" she asked, when Nick walked through the door.

"I told her something she didn't want to hear," he smiled at his cousin. "Wanna hear a secret?"