Part 31

If anyone were to think that driving for 14 hours with a cat in a moving van was easy, you thought wrong. Mowgli hated being in the car. He was meowing every 5 seconds and wouldn't calm down. Sapnap had tried everything, catnip, moving the litter box to the front seat, giving his food and water. No avail, he was still crying for 2 hours until he finally decided 'I'll be nice' and went to sleep. 

They had to drive separate in order for Sapnap's car to get to Florida, so they were on call the whole time just so they wouldn't get lonely. Dream was driving the car, and Sapnap was in the huge U-haul that they had rented for a week. Through the 4 hours they had been driving so far, Dream had decided to try and race Sapnap multiple times, one time he almost caused a crash by cutting Sapnap off and making him slame on his breaks. Dream got a 'you asshole you could have killed my cat' and didn't do it again. 

Dream ended up exiting the freeway for no reason, making Sapnap confused, but he kept going until Dream yelled at him for not following. 

"Why didn't you get off?" Dream whined into his phone microphone. 

"I didn't have time, dumbass. I'll get off at the next exit, where are you?" Sapnap responded, getting into the exit lane and getting off. 

"I'm at the gas station, I'll wait for you," Dream said. 

"Why couldn't you go alone? And which one there are like 30," Sapnap laughed a little and stopped at the stop light. 

"Uhhh it's called Tescos," he said, and Sapnap made his way to the Tescos and found the blonde. When he parked next to him, making sure to roll the windows down for Mowgli, he got out and walked up next to the blonde. 

"Want to explain why we're here?" Sapnap said.

"I wanted a hug," Dream smiled, and Sapnap rolled his eyes. They hugged for a couple minutes, then went into the gas station to get some snacks and something to drink. They were back on the road in no time, Dream deciding to stay close to Sapnap just incase traffic got bad and they could potentially lose each other. 

 In Alabama, Sapnap was getting tired. No matter how many energy drinks he drank, he felt as he was going to fall asleep at any moment. Dream was able to convince him to pull into t hotel for the night, and they could finish the drive tomorrow. Sapnap felt bad, but obliged when Dream kept insisting. Besides, who was he to pass up an opportunity to cuddle with his boyfriend?

The hotel they stayed at was kinda sketchy. It looked like one of those places where prostitutes would work, or where drug deals would be at. It was the only place that would allow animals to sleep in the rooms, so they had to take it. 

Sapnap passed out the moment he laid down on the bed. He didn't even realize when Dream came into the room, carrying Mowgli and his litter box. Dream cooed at the sleeping boy, and crawled into bed next to him. He drifted off to sleep soon after. 

Waking up at around 8am, the two boys both got breakfast before hitting the road again. The only had about 6 hours left in the drive, and they could finally relax  for the next few days.  They stayed on the phone the entire time again. Dream deciding to try and be a speed racer like always, but this time he ended up losing Sapnap and had to pull over so he could catch up. 

George, Karl, and Quackity texted them asking why they've been M.I.A for the past two days, and the two opted to joining the discord call that they were in. Quackity kept making comments about 'five outta five feral boys' and even posted a tweet. 

When the dreadful hours were finally up, they parked the cars in Dream's driveway and headed inside. Mowgli was excited to see Patches again, and they quickly ran off together and continued as they never were separated.