D3 Male - Jay Calder - Task 5 [immortal-lies]

I wonder if I will make it through these games, I mean only few make it this far and especially when most are from the outer districts. 

 All of district one and two are dead including Jet. My district partner; the kind yet ruthless killer I had only met weeks before is now also dead. Eve, my other ally is dead. She must have been killed in the last wave of killings to get the keys.

I must fight for those people who I have lost. Ki and Jet. I kind of feel sorry for Eve, I should have gotten to know her better.

 You ask why I know all this. I know this because only nine doors with only nine names on them stand on the other side of a large ravine. A thin tight rope clings to the cliff and runs all the way to the other side where what ever is standing behind those doors is going to be revealed.

 I sit in my hiding place near a hut on the platforms, I watch nine other tributes stealthily scurry past into their own hiding places where they wait for the next stage. None of them know I'm here but I am completely aware of them, I could go to any one of them and kill them but I have already killed too many people. 

 Thou shall not kill. One of the original Ten Commandments of the old times. Now. Killing is involved in every day life, we watch people kill every year. Maybe people who were once actually decent people, broken and sucked from their normal lives and into this horrible world.

Was it actually a good world before this? Did people live where they wanted and was there equal amounts of money, food and nature?

 "Hello my dears." A voice says from a person in the distance. Occisora. "You have all come a very long way and you are nearly there. Behind me are nine doors. One for each of you. That is where you will be safe".

I see a tribute across from me snarling at Occisora ready to pounce. A girl. Not Mira. Someone else, maybe a girl called Amabel in district four.

"But first you will need to cross the ravine, with your partner. Well, If you still have one." She laughs a little making me frown.

 "Use the wire to get across and go through the door. That is simple. But. Some will obviously fall to their deaths and some will not. If you stay on this side of the ravine you will die." She smirks at thin air, she will die one day. I will remember what she did for the rest of my life and the life after that.

 "When the clock strikes one" she says holding a finger up to a large clock on the clearly visible barrier between us and the real world. "You must be on the other side of the ravine. Otherwise you will explode with the rest of this place, the trees, the grass. Everything. You have one hour to make it safely." Occisora gives the place around her a small smile and slips behind a door so quickly you could not even see the door.

"One hour." I mumble to myself, looking down I look at my weapons and see I haven't used my sword one bit since I had received it. Nor had I used my other weapons. Maybe I could kill some people before they get onto the tightrope.

 The tribute across from me gets up from her position and stands right next to the flag where Occisora had only just stood seconds ago. Four other tributes come out of their hiding spots and join her around the flag pole, I recognise one as Tobias Haycraft, Miles Wilson, Seaver Parish and one other I do not recognise.

A group of five. The rest are probably singles like me, people who have lost all their ally's.

A memory of Jet, Ki and Eve flash into my mind reminding me that they are all dead. They were people who could have helped me get through these games and maybe win or die. I knew that some were going to die but I didn't expect Ki to go so quickly.