D4 Female - Amabel Trython - Task 4 [AwesoMEbeing_]

Mira didn't make it.

I saw her die right in front of my eyes. She was chained to Ki Jepto, the first tribute who ever attempted to kill me. In the midst of all the pairs fighting around us, the sight of the two of them was all I could see.

I didn't know if Mira could hold Ki off. She may be taller, but I know Ki is strong.

Then it happened.

After a bit of hand-to-hand combat, Ki somehow managed to steal the knife tucked away in Mira's belt. Then, in a flash of an eye, Mira was on the ground, blood quickly spreading around her body.

I screamed, yet it was barely audible. I felt the pain in my chest, not only because of Jasper's stab, but also because of Mira. She was an ally. She was trustworthy, yet I still haven't proven to her that I was also worthy of her trust. I could've saved her.

I made my way towards Ki as quick as I could in my condition. I knew that I was covered in my blood, but I had to avenge Mira.

Ki had her back towards me as she crouched over Mira's body, just in my arm's reach, when a dart suddenly planted itself on the side of her head, rendering her frozen in her spot, before another dart came, and she fell on the ground. Ki was dead, but I wasn't sure. It was just darts, and I wasn't sure if those were enough to kill a person.

I reunited with my allies at a small clearing just outside of the door, all of them dragging along the tribute they're chained to. It seemed like only me and Mira were the ones who were paired with tributes who weren't our allies.

Tobias did a quick head count, then frowned. Of course, his question was expected; "Where's Mira?"

I crossed my arms, suddenly feeling guilt inside me. "She didn't make it."

The words stung everyone like poison. They were speechless, looking back at the door behind us, either imagining themselves killing Ki inside their minds to avenge Mira or bidding their goodbyes to our deceased ally.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, like it was being stabbed again, making me gasp in pain. I pressed on the wound, hoping the bleeding would somehow slow down, and the pain would somehow lessen.

My heartbeat pounded so loudly in my eardrums that I barely heard Tobias ask me, "what's wrong?"

I looked up and saw them looking down at me with worry in their eyes, yet my opinion was too clouded with my past to believe that it was worry. I knew what their looks meant. Sympathy.

No, I promised myself I'd be stronger. I won't be getting sympathy. I'll be getting admiration. They shall see how strong I can be.

I swallowed hard and gripped Tobias' arm, pulling myself up. I bit my lip to distract myself from the pain in my chest.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay," I said, which came out more like a whisper. I cleared my throat, which only resulted in more pain. "You guys, um, go ahead. I'll catch up."

Tobias looked at me, his eyes asking me if I was sure of my choice. I stood firmly with all of my strength just to show him that I knew what I was doing.

Then he nodded and signaled for the others to start searching for the flag. It was obvious that he purposely moved slowly so I could still catch up in case I changed my mind.

But I stayed in my spot until just a few seconds after his figure disappeared through the forest. I took a deep breath, which, of course, only resulted in another sharp pain.

I started to search for the needed medicinal herbs for stab wounds, just like what I've read in a book back at the school in Four. Luckily, it doesn't feel like the stab was deep. I had a fifty-fifty chance on surviving.