Task 7 Finals - A Fight For Love And Life

Morus shivered and pulled his jacket tighter around him. It was an unusually windy day in the Capitol. Why had they built a stage and put up fences at the train station? He Looked over at Occisora, noticing her hair blended perfectly into her fur coat. She was smiling to herself her eyes fixed on the horizon. A dangerous gleam flickered in her eyes as a train came rolling along the tracks coming to a stop.

“Close the gates,” Occisora muttered to the Peacekeeper standing next to her. He nodded and started shouting orders. About Twenty Peacekeepers flooed through the gates before they were chained shut.

A small group of terrified people escorted by half an army of Peacekeepers.

“Turn on the camera's and don't turn them off for anything,” Occisora muttered to the camera man before taking centre stage.

“Welcome back to the Capitol, dear friends and family,” Occisora beamed. Now Morus recognized the people being ushered towards the stage, the friends and family of the Tributes.

“I am sorry for rushing you here so suddenly," she continued, "Only three Tributes remain. I know all of you want your loved one to return to you. And for the first time in Hunger Games history you have the chance to help. As you know only one Tribute will be crowned Victor. If you want to return home with your loved ones the others will have to die. But first I would like to send a message to the whole of Panem.”

A man walked out onto the stage dragging a screaming woman along by her hair.

“We have all gotten to know and love Seaver Parish. And recently she was reunited with her long lost brother. Her mother kidnapped the poor child and tried to escape the Capitol. This is not a very smart thing to try and do. To all of Panem, do not try to defy us. We will crush you like bugs.”

Morus' eyes were fixed on the man and woman wrestling at Occisora's feet.

“This woman is Mrs. Parish. This man, who now works here in the Capitol, is Mr. Parish.”

The man looked up at The Gamemakers with eye empty eyes. Morus felt his heart sink as Occisora nodded at the man smiling sweetly. The man stuck a knife in the woman's gut who let out a blood curdling scream. An old woman in the crowd, who'd been quiet until now, started screaming and trying to get to the stage while two youngsters did their best to hold the old woman back. A large Peacekeeper walked over, after receiving a glare from Occisora, and knocked the woman out with one smooth blow to the head. Mrs. Parish's screams intensified as her husband dragged the knife up through her stomach.

“Mr Parish,” Occisora said, “I am trying to give a speech here.”

Mr. Parish nodded, held his wife's head and jammed a long instrument down her throat. She was still alive but her screams stopped instantly. She thrived and squirmed but made did not make a sound. Morus felt as if his legs were turning to jelly. His mind was blank. He could not process what was going on around him using all his mind power to keep up right and not projectile vomit.

“I seem to have lost my train of thought.” Occisora mused. “Well, welcome once again to the Capitol. Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever.”

Occisora turned on her heel and clicked off the stage leaving a stunned crowd in her wake. Morus stood frozen trying to catch his breath and not puke over everyone. He'd never seen torture first hand before. He stumbled off the stage after Occisora feeling faint. As soon as he was out of the crowd's sight he emtied his stomach in a corner. Still feeling unsteady he went looking for Occisora. He found her in the viewing room watching screen of what had just happened on at he station and the love action feed on another.

“What do you plan on doing now?” Morus whispered. Occisora flashed a green eyed glare at him.

“I plan on getting a Victor,” she said, shortly.

The Task:

You are in the room you were in the last task. Suddenly a screen will appear and it will show the events that have taken place in the piece above. After that a door will open and you will walk into a well lit, sterile looking room. The loved ones of one of the other Tributes will attack you and will not back down until they or you are dead. Once they are dead you will see your loved ones being slaughtered by one of the other Tributes. Time to get your revenge and return home.

Good luck finalists and may the odds be ever in your favour.

Due date: April 18th 11PM GMT